What would you do in a relationship where one wants to be married and the other doesn't?

I'm in a relationship that my boyfriend doesn't want to be married ever and I do want to get married one day, would you leave or settle for not being married? We have been together for about 15 months, we live together, my daughter loves him, I love him, he loves me, but should I settle or leave? Please answer poll and answer why in comments.

• Settle love is enough
  • Leave

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same exact situation. We've been together 15 months, I want to get married some day, he says he never wants to. I don't plan on going anywhere though. He's the perfect guy for me (other than the marriage deal) and as much as I want to get married, having him by my side is more important (and the whole point of marriage anyway) so it just wouldn't make sense for me to leave him. I have a feeling he'll change his mind in time anyway.

• not likey in fact if he's had more then one long term relationship he's not likely to get married at all

• Lol whatever you say dudeman

What Guys Said 4

• well you should have left him 15 months ago, you're giving him your husbands p**** letting him wear you, that's not exactly cool you know

• I never said we have sex, we do have our own rooms and my p**** isn't my ex husbands seeing as I divorced him for being a slut spreading his seed because I wasn't ready a baby again

• hahahahahaha that's funny

• All you need is love (I hate the Beatles, but that message is a good one).

I'd personally be fine with marriage, but I never got what made it any more special than ACTUALLY staying faithful and true and loving the other without a paper or whatnot.

• I am like him, although I am clear from the beginning with girls. I do not want to get married or have kids, but that is me.

• if you don't get married that means he wins. so you need to come up with a compromise.

What Girls Said 2

• it depends really.. are you willing to give all that up for him? Or do you have your heart set on getting married one day? If you can't see yourself not getting married at some point, then it'd prob be best to leave before you don't want to

• I'm in the same boat. We have been together for a little over 2 years. We are very commited to each other. I would love to get married to him one day. At the time he isn't comfortable with the idea. Maybe one day he will be. But if he isn't that's fine as well. I know he loves me and I love him. Marriage is just a piece of paper saying you're legally binded to one another. If everything is fine the way it is why change it? If he is commited to you and you to him that should be more than enough.