How to deal with people who don't agree with an unmarried couple having kids because it's out of wedlock?

Why can't they just mind their own damn business?!

It's like for some people that the only acceptable way to have kids and be a couple is for you to be married.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why can't anyone mind their own business? We are social creatures and a lot of people mistakenly think they were elected to tell everyone around them what to do lol.

Seriously, some people just cannot think outside of their own beliefs and some seem to take it as a personal offense if you do things in a way that does not match their beliefs.

As far as having kids without marriage, it is pretty common these days and child support and custody can be decided in a breakup regardless of whether you were married. However, some people just have strong convictions around marriage first, kids second.

So, as much as you wish people wouldn't say anything, someone is and you can counter that by respecting that they believe it would be better to be married but letting them know you will not marry simply to quiet their concerns. I also find that what can bother us the most is stuff we may not be at peace with. Make sure you are really at peace with your decisions. It helps a lot in keeping you calm when others criticize.

What Guys Said 3

• Either you deal with society or Ignore it. If next day I go for shopping naked and tell people that they should mind their own business, it won't work that way. This is the modern society but some ethics will never change. I would say that for a moment forget about people and ask yourself ; why don't you get married?, I know what your answer would be ," we genuinely believe in each other and love each other, why do we need marriage?"( according to the logic if you trust your partner then there should not be any problem to marry that person)

You are driving in a Formula-1 race without any life insurance; Marriage will give security.(think about it)

Do you really love your kids?; what if your partner dump you after few years(because it is very easy without marriage)' life without parent is hell.

Sorry for the lecture but I have seen many couples like you and future of their kids. If you don't believe me then search for documentaries on the internet. It seems like you have yet to lot see the world.

(* get married as soon as possible, there is nothing to lose)

I gave you suggestion because I care about you as a human being. After all it is all up to you...

• People love to give advice about kids, whether you're married or not.

• I'd ignore them, marriage is just a bit of paper, that really can't declare your love for your partner or not. Let them judge you. You shouldn't be bothered at all, you have your partner, and hopefully some beautiful children,

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with you,

What really is getting married? Marriages fail just as much has relationships do with people that do not have a ring.

• I feel the same exact way. It's not that big of a deal, it happens all the time. My logic is that, before you're married, wouldn't you want to find out how they live, what their habits are, and the way they act when they're on their own? You get to know the person a lot more, and see if they are actually marriage material. Plus... why not? lol