Michael Vick planning a wedding........

...which led me to wonder...

Would you marry a guy with a criminal past? I am not making a judgement here - Michael Vick committed a crime, no question, and I am not here to argue whether or not his punishment fit the crime. But would you marry someone who had a history of animal abuse activity? I would not.

Most Helpful Girl

• no I wouldn't even consider associating with anyone who is or has been abusive towards animals never mind marriage. that was really cruel and inhumane what happened to those pitbulls. I watched a dog whisperer episode and cesar was helping rehabilitate some of the dogs and the cruelest thing I seen was a poor female pitbull had her teeth pulled out so she couldn't defend herself from the male dogs. her entire life was to breed puppies who were forced to fight to the death. I think they should do the same thing to vick and make him fight to the death and pull all his teeth out too. he's a pig and so is anyone else who does that to animals. seriously there should be a law that what people do to animals gets done to them.

What Guys Said 2

• no, I wouldn't date a criminal. minor offences years ago if they'd turned their life around, maybe.

• He is famous and has money. The line of women that would is long.

What Girls Said 3

• Depending on the crime, and if he was genuinely sorry - I have to take everything on a case-by-case basis. But not knowing the guy and not falling in love with him, I have to say HELL NO.

• It depends on the nature of the crime. I could not marry Michael Vick because I do not condone what he did to animals. I couldn't marry someone who murdered someone in cold blood. I could marry someone who stole a pack of gum from a convenience store and ran a red light. I think the reason why they did what they did and what they did would both be a huge factor in whether or not I would marry them, and I think that's normal.

• My boyfriend has a DUI, but he didn't deserve it really. He was sobered up and being responsible. If it had been something more serious then I would have thought twice.