Is it ideal for the husband to do all the house work?

There is one lady that said that all the domestic work of the house her husband will do it for her such as cooking, washing and cleaning and so on

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband sure as hell better be doing the cooking when we get married. Simply cause I can't cook to save my life. I don't know crap about what happens in the kitchen. That is not my department. I'll gladly do the dishes if he cooks, but if I cook, we'd either die from poisonous substances, or starve cause I simply wouldn't do it. All in all the chores should be split. Both of us (my fiance and I) work odd hours due to our jobs, so whoever is home should do the housework. I'm in law enforcement, and he's a lawyer. If he has it in his head that I'm going to come home from work all covered in sweat and blood and grit at one AM and want to start on the housework in the morning, he's got it alllll wrong lol

What Girls Said 9

• No, ideal is to split chores if they're both working, or one of them to do it if they're unemployed. At least for me it is. Sadly, there's still a lot of people who think it's fine for a woman to work 8 hours a day, then come home and do the chores and care for the kids, because "that's what women do".

• No, the deal is to share the burden ! It's not fair to expect the other to do everything. It works both ways : the woman is not expected to do everything, but the husband isn't either :)

• What is ideal is whatever 2 people in a relationship decide is right for them and what works best for them.

• I think that work and chores should be split evenly between partners. If one works more the other does more chores.

• it's 2012. there is no such thing as "ideal" anymore. people live the way they want to live (except for certain government restrictions that prevent people from living the way they they should be able to live).

• It should be whatever works for them. But in my opinion, I think domestic duties should be shared equally between two people living in the same residence

• In today's day and age, most couples split the chores rather evenly, so I'm not sure I know anyone who really thinks this way anymore...

• House work is for both men and Woman. my boyfriend said he would do the house work when we movie in together, He may just be saying that for sex but if not I'm not complaining... He can clean until is heart is content :L

• I think that housework is a full time job...if that is what he is committing himself to, then go for it!

What Guys Said 3

• Ideal would be that he's able to do the things he doesn't mind doing, and the wife will do what she doesn't mind doing, and that it all ends up being pretty even.

Now, there's rarely such a thing as an ideal situation. Everyone is different. Why we're concerned about who cooks is beyond me. "That's woman's work!" "That's mans work!"

In my life, I'll probably be amazing with kids, if I ever have any; I'm a guy. My job isn't "traditional" - there are good and bad things about it; I can do a doctor's appointment at any time, for example, as long as I "make it up" to myself in work time later. My paid work is out of the office, but a majority of my work could be done from home. This probably means that I'm handling the kid's or housework while my wife is at work.

If my wife has a great job and wants to work, and if I can work from home and feel like I'm contributing and doing what I'm passionate about, then I'm fine.

• I'm single and do my own housework. Ideally I would be rich and could afford a maid.

If I were to get married, I would ideally marry someone with values that were similar to mine. I'm traditional and would want a stay at home wife, who would take care of the housework while I work.

That's just how I feel though. People can do what they want.

• I thought you spilt them unless your a stay at home spouse.