Guys, do you believe in marriage? Do you want kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do believe in marriage...

I do want kids.

What Guys Said 31

• Do I believe in marriage? I believe the institution of marriage is the foundation of society, the protection and betterment of children and something that is absolutely crucial.

That all being said, with feminists running rampant since the 60's, the laws in all modern nations are heavily stacked against men in divorce and family court. No sane man marries a woman in a western country.

To make marriage work as an institution, you need to make it attractive to men. More and more men, including the vast majority of my male friends are against marriage as it currently stands.

I make very good money, as I work hard to earn it. No woman is entitled to it in a divorce, but that's what the law says. Same thing with child support. A woman has the complete hand in terms of whether or not a child is born thanks to birth control/abortion, but a man has no say but to shut up and pay, and if often kept from having custody of his own children.

I would never have children to a woman I wasn't married to, and as the current laws stand, I will never get married. Do I love kids? Absolutely! Do I want to place myself in a situation (modern marriage) where I will stand a 2 to one odds of being divorced and taken to the cleaners by a woman who got bored or just wanted out? Absolutely not!

Society will continue to degrade as long as marriages continue to fall apart, but unless marriage is made a product that more men like myself in my 20's actually find a fair shake, we'll avoid it like the plague.

For the record, my parents have been married 38 years. Both of them have an old-school perspective. My mom overlooks my father's faults, as he does hers. I find that girls of my own age are more often than not too selfish and self-centered to care enough about making sacrifices, which ultimately what a strong marriage is all about.

• You sound like a good pre-nup candidate.

• Pre-nups can be, and often are, thrown out by judges in court. A pre-nup acts as a general guideline, but many U.S. states give the judges in divorce court great leeway to act as they please. Simply put, if a man makes a mistake and marries the wrong woman, he has decided to play Russian Roulette with the majority of the chambers already loaded.

• I do believe in marriage, but at this point it seems unlikely in my future.

Yes I'd have kids someday for sure, the classic family picture is always nice to think about.

• it's not about if you believe in marriage or not. it's about if you're stupid enough to get married.

there are just 2 effects;

1. legal rights (like hospital visits) which is good, but you can achieve that just by registering as a partner

2. sharing money, which is bad

you need to be reasonable, there is a chance that marriage will fail. if you're completely 100% sure that yours won't you're NOT reasonable. there is always a chance. maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, maybe not next 5, 10 years. but it can happen.

and sorry, but I have no desires to share money 50/50. I make too much money. and I definitely won't pay spousal support. are you kidding me?

marriage for a man is nothing but trouble in case of a divorce. and a man who gets married obviously doesn't care and respect his own money, time and work.

and people who think that marriage has something to do with a better quality of the relationship or that getting married means that someone is really committed for life is completely delusional.

marriage is completely necessary step in a relationship. you love with mind and heart and you're committed with mind and heart. not with signed papers.

kids? sure. right time and right partner.

• Yes, I want to have a marriage with family and friends there. I also love my nieces and nephews so I totally want a kid or kids.

• I do believe in the sanctity, the sacrifice and the commitment of marriage even though I am not religious.

I also do want kids. Not today obviously but at some point.

• Yes to both :-)

• Yep and yep. I see both in my future. I would like to settle down one day.

• Yes and yes.

• as handsomejackk put it. HELL NO

Army Veteran, 80% divorce rate because women cheat.

Afterwards read the medical study on the percentage of women who cheat now-a-days that was done by Havard.

Women cheat on average 30% MORE!

Then read up one how bias divorce and child custody is . . .

the guy honestly loses EVERYTHING, and the woman walks away richer, and with the kids, an a pay check for the rest of her life.

The guy gets raped. Research.

Don't Listen to me though, I am just a law student.

• Interesting stats. It also sounds like you have the sources to back it up so I'll take it as credible. I'm going to use this now in many of my other arguments. However, I cannot stress enough that people take the legal steps to prevent each other from getting f***ed. Things like a prenuptial agreement.

• I want to marry a military man because I feel like they are exceptionally strong mentally, emotionally and physically. There passion for what they do is amazing and humbling. I feel like some day If I find the right one I'd love to marry a military guy and stay with him through everything. Nothing would change how I felt about him. I don't believe in cheating and the only way Id get a divorce is if domestic abuse was an issue.

• I make my own money, I'm going to school for nursing, and I will get a prenup when the time comes. Don?t turn away marriage, just look for the right girl so that you can be part of the 20% :)

• No, I do not.

• As TheDigitalSaint alluded below, I'll consider marriage when someone can show me what's in it for a man. Two friends recently divorced. He complains bitterly about her taking his money. (married 2 years, he's a doctor, she's a Barbie, you get the picture) She told me "but it's OUR money." I replied "It's his money, you just have a lawful right to take some of it. There's a difference." I feel bad for her because she has evil girlfriends who give her evil advice. Regardless, my solution is to maintain the barrier between what is mine and those I date until someone gives me a reason to give another person lawful access to what is mine. I put it this way "I can only be with a girl when I know I can stop being with her anytime I want." After all, relationships, of all sorts, are based on commonalities and when those commonalities cease, so should the relationship.

As for kids, I've noticed when I invite friends with kids to do *anything* they're *always* unavailable. Many of them are living hand-to-mouth too. Why someone would impoverish and restrict themselves like this is beyond me. Kids only make sense if you're wealthy and they don't significantly impact your life. Guys I work around have newborns and look haggard for two years for lack of sleep. That's not living. Going to see the F1 race in Monaco from a boat, that's living! Fact is, I got myself snipped ages ago. On occasion, a girl I'm seeing will find out (not a secret but not posted on my chest either) "Why didn't you tell me you were cut?!" Apparently, it's not an offense to trap a man into a lifetime of supporting two other human beings. However, it IS an offense to see to it that you cannot be put in that situation.

• Yeah I do...and...I did...never wanted kids until later in life...but yes I wanted them eventually..(:(:(:

• I'm not religious so it doesn't have any of that significance,

to me it's just a confirmation of what you already should know

(that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person)

I do want kids someday, maybe 3

and a dog

• I would get married, but it's not necessary for me in a relationship. If my girlfriend wants to get married, I'll get married to her. I don't want kids.

• Yes and Yes

• Yes and yes. ^^

• yeah I do and I want kids

• Hellz 2 tha no!

Others have already given some pretty good reasons why not.

• Oh come on all you freaken white knight down voters!

Sure the QA is a very attractive lady, but a question is a question!

• maybe. someday. but me? a dad? I like children too much to wish that on any of them right now. but I am in no hurry. its her bio clock not mine.

• yes and yes

• How does one "believe" in marriage, might I ask?

• You might! But you get 2 down votes for that :P

• I don't know how I can make it any easier for you to understand. You simply believe in it or not.

• @Deft maiden, it would seem so! Silly GAG-ians

@QA, what I'm asking is how can one believe in an act? In a ceremony? Obviously, I know you mean "Would you ever get married", however I cannot assume what you believe personally on the topic, so I was curious if you have any other reasoning that would explain "believing" in something that exists already?

• I believe in marriage, mostly for the tradition of it. You can make vows and such, and live common law, but there is something to be said for the full ceremony and everything.

I do want kids eventually.

• yes, I do believe in marrage, and I want kids after college

• Depends on how the couple feels. Some couples are closer when they are not married, but in a committed relationship. As for kids, depends if you can properly take care of children. I would like to be married with children, but will not be distraught otherwise.

• i believe mariage is a waste of money and I am not evena jew !

yeah I want kids but not in the next 10- 15 years lol

• i wanna get married eventually.

not for a few years tho.

• Of course!

and yes I want 4. Two of each :)

• No and no.

• I believe in marriage and do want kids, just not right now in my life. Still have to live life a little more and see the world before I worry about kids.

• I believe in those, but not in people to stick with their vows, because their words are nothing, and society is full of dishonorable people out for their own good. Just another symptom of Diversity.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 4

• i don't believe in marriage or kids. one being a ring and piece of paper doesn't mean commitment and it surely doesn't prevent against marriage issues such as money, cheating and arguements. 2. just because you are married doesn't mean you will be together forever or you are better than a person who isn't married. 3 being people do it for the benefits. I also don't believe in kids because no relationship is guranteed to last forever. I'm not about to bring a child into this world and then end up a single mother co-parenting with the father

• i just now realized this question was for guys haha. sorry about that

• I still believe and I do have kids.

• My boyfriend doesn't believe in marriage and he doesn't want kids.

I believe in marriage and don't want kids either.

• I believe in marriage