Feel like marriage is a trap?

idk maybe I've been reading too many chad kultgen books, but it seems like a lot of guys get trapped into marriage, they get locked in by a girl, not all girls, but it seems as if it happens more often than not and at a young age too ... ?

Most Helpful Girl

• How many people do you know in real life that are "trapped" in a marriage? Girl got pregnant and forced a guy to marry them? Girl gave an ultimatum and forced a guy to marry them? Where are you getting your "more often than not"? From the people around you, from the ubiquitous friend of a friend?

I've never known a woman who trapped a man into marrying them. I've know men so caught up in the relationship they rushed into marriage. I've known women who felt ready for marriage after a week in a relationship. But no one is forcing men to propose to their girlfriends. Most men I know actually broke off the relationship when given an ultimatum. People don't suffer from the same social stigma that they did in the past with sex before marriage, or pregnancy out of wed lock. Daddies don't chase Junior with a shot gun anymore so why would a guy feel pressured into proposing if he had sex with a girl or got her pregnant?

I'm just baffled by the opinions that are formed out of thin air. Most married couples I know, me included, wanted to spend the rest of their lives with the person they were dating, so they got married. It doesn't always work out the way it's imagined but there is a lot less drama than you're making it out to be.

What Guys Said 4

• Personally I look foward to getting married. I know when I say I do it'll be because I really want her in my life every day. Love isn't a trap or a game. It's really special when you find the right person and if you're committed, it's more than worth the sacrifices.

• Young people are too impulsive and hardly ever think about the consequences. That's why they have to have what they want at that very moment. Then, they constantly fight with each other about not spending enough alone time or not being there for their kid/s. Sometimes they aren't financially stable enough to live together and that causes a sh*tload of stress.

• but that is the problem, spending too much time together, the more time you spend together the more interest you lose, and the more resentment for the other fosters

• Who made them say "I Do"? Long term natural and biological attributes mold males and females that way...but you will never hear me bash either gender...sure...always c***ts and b*stards...duh...we all know that...saying a commitment is a trap?" Yes maybe...however...how much trust would you be willing to invest with someone who is unwilling to commit?

• none, but id accept this because I think marriage is unnatural.

• Marriage is a trap for the western man. No man in his right mind wants to get married any longer when he can have a long-term girlfriend or ONS's with lots of women, keep his money and not worry about divorce court or custody issues. Marriage is a game for suckers. Guys would be wise to not commit to a woman for life, as most of them these days are too entitled to make good wife material. Men, enjoy a woman while she behaves and makes a good girlfriend. If she acts up, show her the door.

• So do you think all women are gold diggers?same goes for men not all men would be husband material.And what do you classify as good wife material?

• Many of my female friends find the corporate workplace quite soulless and boring after being in it for a few years and often want out to get married. The problem is, a lot of them behave in a manner which makes them unfit for marriage. A lot of partying, sleeping with lots of random guys and generally being obsessed with themselves (Facebook, twitter, etc.) and not a good candidate for marriage.

• they will still get married tho, some poor a**hole will marry them

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah unfortunately it happens alot. However it's not marriage itself that's the trap, it's those women who take advantage of the situation that are. I think it happens a lot with young people too because they're more likely to jump into marriage with the wrong person. When you're older and you have more relationship experience, you're less likely to do such a thing.

• maybe people just get tired

• It's not a trap, they just see all those girls, giving themselfs freely with men, and they feel like their women put their foot down and told them either commit or leave, they commited and they still look around and feel like they can't have cake and eat it too! Trapped. Don't let them fool you.

• Eh? We have some stuff in common...including age...but you got some weird ideas...o.O

• well what about when your 200 lbs and your husband is repulsed at the sight of you, id feel trapped

• plus over time the amount of sex he'll get will to dwindled down to nothing, which is a major component to a marriage, id feel trapped because of that too and I definitely grow to hate my significant other

• I've never found the idea of marraige particularly appealling. I just don't think it improves a relationship, if anything it adds pressure because you think you have to spend your life with that person. I know people that have been together for years, have kids and have a perfectly happy functional relationship without marraige.

I also wouldn't want to change my last name.

I think the only reason I would get married would be for a legal reason (e.g. to be able to live in the country of my significant other)

• yes! I agree with you! I don't think marriage is a very natural thing. your not meant to be with someone for that amount of time, you'll inevitably lose interest and begin to resent the person who suggested marriage in the first place, which is usually the lady, therefore I'm sure some men feel its a trap

• thats how I use to feel to but if you both truly love each other then marrige will never be a trap allthough it will take work like anyother realtionship

• I can understand where you're coming from but I don't see how it's the guys that are trapped I mean they do have the option to leave,they don't have to propose..As for getting married at a young age probably because they feel so young and in love that they don't look at any other part of their life and realize that's all they want,they might regret it later on down the track though.What makes you think this anyway?