I want to ask him to marry me!

My boyfriend and I - have known each other for 23 years.

I heard from his friends that he's mentioned several times that he has always wanted to be proposed to by a girl.

He loves when a woman knows what she wants and takes it.

Ideas?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Okay, if you're going to do this and take on a role that has usually been "the guy's job" (sorry, I know that sounds sexist but it's usually done by men) then go into it knowing that he could say no! Just because his guy friends say this and that doesn't mean anything because the relationship is between you and your boyfriend. If I were you, I would ask one of my girlfriends to talk to him about that and see if she comes back to you with the same information. If so, then go for it. Go online and look up some romantic ideas. It's 2012...if you want to propose then propose. I'm personally more of a traditionalist but it's your life and you deserve to be happy. And kuddos to you for having the guts to want to do this...you are a very brave woman! Good luck :)