Ladies, do you ever wonder if you'll ever get married?

So, I've had a lot of boyfriends and one failed engagement, and I'm approaching 30 and wondering if I'll ever get married. I'm currently single and not seeing anyone. I've tried online dating, blind dates, etc. and I'm really beginning to worry. A lot of my friends are married and already mothers and fathers.

I know that I should enjoy the single life while I can but what if I'm officially tired of it? I have tons of interests, a decent job and some great goals I plan to accomplish. So a man isn't the #1 priority in my life. But are there any ladies out there who are close to my age who feel the same way? Wondering if you will ever get married?

Most Helpful Guy

• well I'm no lady but I find my self in much the same situation. The sad reality is that not everyone will find someone and its worse to settle for the wrong person then to be alone imo so perhaps making peace with being alone would be beneficial.

• Yea...I guess the making peace part is the hardest part for me :(

• yeah its tough, the hope of finding companion ship never really go's away but I think you can be at peace with that.

• I wish I could peace with it in a matter of seconds but I have to admit I think about it all the time and it just makes me very sad...the idea of truly accepting that I may never find someone. I see Facebook pics of my friends who have gotten married or have kids and it can get depressing because I wonder if I'll ever be that lucky. Even when I listen to those "I don't need a man" songs or say "I don't care about marriage"...I know I'm lying to myself.

What Guys Said 2

• I think I know the feeling. I've been engaged once and almost did again, and with my current girlfriend she's just never friggin ready for it. Been with her for several years now, and I often wonder if or when she'll ever actually be ready. Sure marriage is not my top priority, and sure I have a good life, and sure I have a good woman by my side, and it's not like I'm still in the single life anymore, but at the same time I kinda wonder; what's the hold up? I wonder if she'll ever marry me. I wonder if there's something wrong, and if so, I wonder if I am wasting time. I wonder if I'd have to go back to the single life in my 30s, and whether anyone would even want me at that point. This is especially frustrating for me, because I've known for years that she's the girl I want to marry, and spend the rest of my life, and possibly, one day, have kids, but as things are now, it's like I'm so close and yet so far. A damned carrot dangled in front of me, and here I am running to catch it. If what I'm saying makes any sense to you, then I think it says that guys feel that way too, sometimes.

• Marriage is over rated..

What Girls Said 4

• I'm 20, but I stopped worrying about getting married some time ago. I'm currently in a committed relationship of 3 years and we keep talking about the future, about how or marriage is going to be, how to raise our kids. Just to know that we're on the same page. Personally I take great lessons from people around me, how their marriage worked, didn't work, how people raise their kids and am I accepting that way or should it be done in another way? I feel like I've learned a lot, especially from my parents marriage. They have been together for almost 24 years, and they are not happy. Both of them stopped giving an effort for it to work long ago, and they barely talk to each other. So I made it my mission to not let that happen! I also learned in addition that many divorces happen due to being so relaxed in someone's company, feeling so safe that you at some point stop giving and just wanting. When it starts getting mutual that's when everything falls apart.

So my advice to you is, stop worrying. But prioritize a man a bit more, hang out in places were your man might be found. I wish you the best of luck!

• Um,I've been married before(twice actually)you're not missing anything. I guess marriage isn't for everyone.

I'd like to add I'm not sure I want to marry again. I am currently seeing someone,so who knows.

• I'm 29 and I have the same feeling as you. I was so depressed on my b'day about 2weeks ago because I'm still single. I am still in love with my ex boyfriend whom broken up with me early last year. Can't seem to get over him. I guess I'm more depressed not having him in my life. I don;t want to just settle.

• I'm not close to your age (I'm 19) but my mom's advice to me about marriage is to never settle.

She was 36 when she got married and she felt like she was going to remain single her whole life. pretty much my dad was the only guy that even seemed interested in marrying her. and it was a terrible marriage and my parents ended up getting divorced when I was 10. she wonders if she had held out a little longer if she might have met a man a few years later that she would have been happy with. my mom always says that she hopes I'll get married one day but she'd rather I remain single than get into a bad marriage.

I'm sure thinking about always being single isn't a pleasant thought ha ha I really hope you find happiness :)

• I'm 100% for not settling, if its not right don't waste your time! but be careful to set expectations rooted in reality and on things that actually matter instead of superficial crap.