Divorce and Option? HELP!

I met my husband in May of last year. We met and we hit it off. We started dating and in September...we found out that I was pregnant. I didn't want to tell him but my family told me I should for my child's sake. He was excited and he asked me to marry him...I honestly didn't want to get married...but I said yes and we married in January. Our son is 5 weeks old now and I love him like crazy! I love my husband because he gave me the gift he could have ever given me and because he has been so great through everything...but...I’m not sure I want to be his wife. We are great friends...but that's really as far as it goes for me. I honestly just married him so soon for our baby (stupid I know). We both are completely different people...he is tattooed greaser looking guy...and I am the complete opposite!

How do you know if you're in love with someone? I have never been in a serious relationship before and so I honestly don't know how love feels...

What Guys Said 1

• Getting married for the sake of children is never a good decision. The reason is that you are basing the marriage on the child and not on the love you have for each other. I hate to say it but most of the time when people get married or stay married because of the kids things are never a bed of roses.

One of my good friends proposed to his girlfriend right after she got pregnant because he wanted to make her an honest woman and didn't want his kid to be born a "bastard" (I don't like that term but that's what he said). So he is marrying her for all the wrong reasons. I'm not saying your situation is the same but it is very similar.

I would take a step back to see if there is really love there. Make a list on a piece of paper of all the things you love about your husband and what's he's done right. Then on the other side make a list of all the things you don't love about him. If the good outweighs the bad then maybe it's something worth working at. However, like you said you are better friends than a couple.

Maybe that's just something you have to comes to term with. If you feel as though you are just better friends and don't love him emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally as a wife should love a husband than you should make a decision. If you feel as though you can love him in those ways then work at it.

What Girls Said 0