Is it okay to continue hanging out with your single friends when you are married?

One of my best girlfriends just got married and am kinda wondering if it's OK for me to keep hanging out with her?. Her husband is so mature and I feel childish around him and this make me feel that he might start to get annoyed if I continue going to their place and hanging out with his wife.Guys how would you feel if your wife continued to hangout with her young single friends?. Is it an issue?.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is it not okay to hang out with her anymore? Getting married doesn't mean you can only have married friends. Everyone is different, and everyone's life progresses at different times. Just because she is married doesn't mean you need to stop talking and hanging out with her.

The real friends are the ones who want you in their life forever, not just when it suits their image. I have friends who are married, or have kids or have significant others and many of them don't want to hang out with me anymore because they can't relate to me. Apparently not being married or having kids at 22 makes me immature? :S

People who do that to you are snobs, and aren't worth the time anyway. But I would still pursue this friendship. Yes her being married might change the friendship you have, but she's still the same person, just married.

I don't know why her husband would be annoyed if you keep hanging around with her. Being married doesn't make you any smarter or any better than anyone else. Not being married doesn't make you dumb, immature or not as worthy of friends as married people.

Married couples still need friends too, independently and as a couple. Being married doesn't mean that you have to cut ties with your old life. The only thing that changes is that she won't be able to go out to find a guy, because she's married.

I would still pursue this friendship. Especially if you have known her for a long time. Why give up on a friendship just because someone gets married? Makes no sense to me.

• I want to pursue our friendship,she is a real good friend.Was just worried if we will still relate like you say and some people said I would be like an obstacle to her maturity as a married woman.

• Marriage doesn't make a person mature, maturity comes from within. I know people who are married and have kids who are immature. Anyone can get married. I would keep pursuing this friendship. For all you know she might be afraid she is too boring for you now! You never know what people are thinking. Best to just give it a shot and see.

What Guys Said 4

• You said your act like your a little childish around her husband? The husband has to be mature for his responsibility. You however, do whatever you want. The perfect friend. Your a good friend already considering giving her space. Definitely keep being her friend.

• I think most of us would be happy that she's got friends. Might give us some alone time to focus our attention on our hobbies and interests that she's got no interest in.

• I say yes. because if I got married and my fingle friends stopped hanging around me I would feel lonely and wonder if I did anything wrong to them.

also it would be OK for married friends to hang out at their single friends places too. if I got married it wouldn't be a reason for me to stop going to my friends place every now and than.

as for "my wife" I wouldn't mind if she went out with her friends or had people come over as long as she felt the same tward me.

• Yeah, it's fine. And I would be fine with my wife hanging out with her friends (single or not) unless they were taking her out clubbing or something. I hope to stay away from girls that enjoy that anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• Well you guys were friends before she got married. and seeing that you guys are best friends I'm sure her husband accepts that and wouldn't want to chage that for her.

• yes its OK cause at the end of the day that's your friend

• of course! she needs you more now that she is married. married people are boring.they need young, single friends