Would you have a problem with your fiance not taking your last name, but wanting a hyphenated last name?

Would it be a deal breaker for you if your girlfriend or fiance wouldn't take your last name and wanted either you to take her last name, or wanted for both of you to have a hyphenated last name? This would be a deal breaker for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• not gonna work for me. bitches on here act like would never take a dudes last name tho lmfao but irl you know she's going to

What Girls Said 3

• In some cultures, it is traditional for the woman to keep her name. But I'm sure you can find plenty of girls who would prefer to take your name.

• if she is willing to take your name as well as keep hers it seems like a compromise. Some women don't want to change their last names. If she is genuinely a good woman in the end it should be a problem.

• if she doesn't take my last name I feel like she's not mine.

• shows a lack of commitment to me.

• In a relationship and a true test of ones love the last name is the last thing to worry about

• I'm traditional and I want to take my partners last name :P

Too often when women want the guy to take their last name it's for the wrong reasons. Some feminist way of trying to prove a point. I don't mean to offend feminists, but that's just how it often comes across

What Guys Said 5

• Trust me when I say, it ain't worth a popcorn fart in the desert. Move on to something worthwhile.

• I don't care what my girlfriend does with her name. The whole tradition doesn't make any sense to me.

• Yeah hyphenated names look pretty stupid imo, I don't think it would be a big deal for women the norm is to go with the guys.

• It wouldn't bother me at all.

• Hell yeah its an automatic deal breaker.