Has someone ever told you not to get married?

My boyfriend is an electrician and he works with guys in their 30's and 40's. He told me they tell him to never get married. I asked my boyfriend why they would say that and he said, "Because they're older and they've been through it all."

And then there are the women that tell me to get married. My aunt asked me once, "So when are you and Luke getting married?" I just said that we're not ready yet. But I don't know when we'll ever be ready. Probably never. Which is fine with me. I've never really been into getting married. I don't really have a "dream" wedding planned out.

If I do get married, I don't want anything big. I don't like all eyes on me. So it might be a small wedding or get married at city hall and then have a reception afterward. I have many friends that got married at city hall because a real wedding is too expensive or they don't like to be the center of attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep all the time.

What Guys Said 5

• Those guys have just been burned in their past by getting married because of pressure from society most likely. I say you have the right mind set about marriage. Marriage isn't a necessity to being able to live happily ever after.

• Yeah I've been tod to never marry and to get snipped lest I pollute the gene pool.

• If my partner wants to get married, I will get married. It's not really a big deal to me; I don't think it changes anything important, unless it's important to her. Those guys just don't value women enough to risk their money.

• Yes, I've been told that a few times funnily enough.

• All of my male friends consider marriage to be a really bad deal for men. We're all single and go for FWB, or we're in relationships where we tell the girls we'll never marry them. Some of them are upset, but that's their problem to deal with. Marriage sucks for men in this day in age. Sad, but what are you going to do?

• You and your friends are making a smart move. Don't get married.

What Girls Said 0