Would you rather shop for rings together, or it be a complete surprise?

Ladies, would you rather go engagement ring shopping with your man, or let him completely pick it out himself?

I see pros & cons for both!

If I go ring shopping:

Pros- I could definitely pick out something I'd like! Plus, I'd be a little satisfied knowing a proposal was coming.

Cons- I wouldn't want to know his budget, and I would worry I'd show interest in something that was out of his budget.

If I let him completely pick it out:

Pros- I like the idea of him completely picking it out himself, I trust him! :P

Cons- there's a chance I wouldn't like it.

Men, which would you rather?

And another thing to add- I'd be happy with just about anything. That's why I wouldn't want to show interest in something out of his price-range, because I don't care how much he spends on me! It's just a ring, marrying him is what's important. That being said I do want a ring, because it's part of tradition and I'm traditional, and since I'm going to wear it everyday for the rest of my life I'd prefer to like the way it looks haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• at this point I'll be happy to just actually get engaged

What Guys Said 3

• Rings mean nothing,and don't really have much use either, unless you're trying to show off wealth/bling bling. In that sense, yeah I suppose. For me, I don't see any practical reason behind it. A ring won't change anything between me and whichever girl it is. It's a nice way to spend your money.. although I'm not really looking to put a hole in my pocket. Especially with worthless rocks like diamonds. Probably most common stone around, yet most expensive.

If you want something, go buy it. Its like giving money to someone on their birthday. If they want money cool. But last I checked, a gift is still a gift, and shouldn't be based on its value, or what it looks like. The thought doesn't count for much in this society so.. No pros or cons, it just isn't happening. Nor will I find myself signing any form of legal contract that involves me signing my life away and betting half my sh*t I'll stay with someone who may turn out to be the biggest backstabbing * in the country. I simply do not trust, and refuse to sign any contracts in that regard. I wouldn't benefit from it, and many don't appreciate or respect the other person's time. So with all this said, not happening.With or without the ring, if they decide to change, cheat, or anything else, a ring won't change it.

• I chose her engagement ring all by myself. I chose her birthstone which is a pearl encircled with diamonds.

I think it's more of the gesture and what the ring represents then looking at the ring all by itself and being picky if you like it. If I didn't have any money and gave her a $1 lollipop ring on my proposal, I bet she would still have said yes, that's the kind of woman she is. :)

• I think since it's such an important item, it should be planned out, but with a bit of a surprise. As in her going with him to choose out some she likes, then him picking one!

What Girls Said 3

• I already have a wedding ring...I still would like to go shopping with my boyfriend for his and look at my options as well just in case I see one that I like better.

• I'd rather it be a surprise(:

• i would prefer to be suprised. I don't want to see anything coming and just rely on him that he knows me best