Guys what do you fear about marriage?

Just a straight forward question. What scares you and makes you hold back from getting married.

For me it's not staying with one woman for the rest of my life or commitment issues or anything like that. I just feel like the fun part of my life would be over. I mean I know their will still be a lot of great things to do with my wife, but it will never be the same again. You can't do all the fun single things you use to do before. You can't just pickup and go somewhere. I guess I just wanna push those years of fun to limit and not get married and until I absolutely have to.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm scared of being with a liar, abuser, or substance-abuser. Or, I'm scared of getting stuck in a sexless marriage where he's jacking off to p*rn all day while I'm putting in all the effort to seduce, buy lingerie, look sexy, etc. I really only want a hubby for sex and emotional connection, and if he can't even trouble himself to give me sex 1-2x a day, his ass is getting divorced.

What Girls Said 3

• All the things you listed are probably some of the main reasons why guys don't want to get married but I also think that at some point in a guys life he just wants to settle down. And just because you get married doesn't mean the fun stops. You have so many new things to experience..

• I'm scared he will let himself go physically and I won't be attracted to him anymore. I think this fear is more common in men than women.

• I'm scared of marriage because what if he decides to cheat on me? Or what if he changes or was never the man I thought he was? All those questions pass my mind when I think of marriage. If I get married, I want it to be the one and ONLY time.

What Guys Said 2

• For most it's all the reasons you listed. I mean forever is a LONG time, even if forever is really only until you get divorced. I personally believe that most people should wait to get married until they're older if for only the reason that as people we are constantly changing and it's very rare that 2 people will change together in the same direction. You grow as people, then outgrow one another.

Our society is too focused on the "dream" of marriage and not the reality of making it work. I know the idea of being "trapt" scares the bejezus outta me, so I avoid all women who make bambi eyes at jewelry department.

• Some do some don't.

Personally I'd have happily sacrificed my last 5 years of bachelorhood if I could have married my wife 5 years earlier. Or even my last 10 years. I was married at 30 and felt it was a waste of time to wait so long.