Why does it seem like more & more young people are getting married?

Were I live specifically everybody is getting engaged and married b4 23 ... what's going on? On Facebook the girls b4 they get engaged or married talk about "oh I wish I could spend time with my boyfriend but he wants 2 hang out with his friend and get high" then next thing you know bam! there married?

Is it me or does it seem like they get married b.c there lonely I'm lonely yes I don't even have a boyfriend & I'm looked at as a "wh*re" b.c I'm not in a serious relationship not looking for one not engaged or married" -_- now I'm starting 2 think something is wrong with me (tear)

Most Helpful Girl

• I see the same thing. Everyone I went to school with is getting married. Half of the time the guys I like say they can't hang out because they have a wedding to be at. Out of my closest friends, two are getting married within a few months. Every time I open the newspaper, another classmate of mine is announcing their engagement. I mainly notice because we are getting older and in this area, getting married at around 22-26 is very common. It's a rural, religious area.

It sort of sucks to be single, while my friends are buying houses, picking out rings and planning their lives, I'm finishing up school. Out here we call the time from April to September "Buck 'n' Doe season" because its when all the weddings happen and everyone seems to be finding relationships. So when September rolls around and you're still single, you get a lot of pity looks and "I could set you up with..."

I've gotten used it. There's nothing wrong with me or you. Being lonely is normal and acceptable. You shouldn't rush into a relationship just to not feel lonely. I've heard all the comments by now.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's always been like this, you just started noticing it.

• maybe people are finding their soulmates easier these days because of all the different ways to meet people.

don't feel bad, there's nothing wrong with you. you'll find the perfect man you deserve one day!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe it just _seems_ like more people are getting married, because, you see it more, because its on fb. you don't have to hear about it and jerry springer, or read it in the nyt.

Statistically, more people than ever, say they are comfortable being single&have no intention of getting married.

your around 20? what does more & more mean, you haven't even lived a generation. do you mean, in the last decade since you were 10. or do you mean, since last month.

• Because loneliness is a fear, and love is a craving, but dreams are still illusions.