Do you agree with this view on marriage?

I heard this on the radio and thought it was interesting: Girls look for The One to get married to, and as soon as they find him they want to be married. Guys on the other hand don't get married until they are ready, and whoever they are serious with become the one they marry.

Do you agree with this or no? Are you an example of it? Of course there are exceptions to every "rule"...curious to know thoughts.

Also: Is it true women get more involved in their s.o's life and lose touch with some of their friends because their bf/husband is their life so they hang out with his friends? Or do guys do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• ive heard that & I totally disagree. that was invented by some guy who wants to think he can just go fishing to get a wife, and has a ready excuse as to why he's not going to marry hs girlfriend, he's f***ed 5,00 times.

women _work_ these day. they plan marriage-ifg they intend to. many do not intend to marry- around their careers, or w/e wok they feel obligated towards.

i don't know any women h married as son a they fall in love. they waited until they were financially, mentally prepared.

anyways, if someone falls in love and marries right away, at 30. or waits till they are secure, & marries at 30. its the same thing.

it just makes men feel more self important. saying they prepared. when most people do that anyways.

furthermore, men are more interested in marriage, than are women, these days--statistically speaking. and many homes the woman makes more than the guy.

women don't wait around fir a guy to live their life for them. if they even ever did. its a myth supported by the same 25 people & their cousins.

i have guy friends& women friends who lose touch, with friends, & some who dont. I don't see a difference. in the sexes, however.

What Guys Said 4

• It's true.

Most of women are crazed about marriage and want it as fast as possible, men on the other hand don't rush because we know that it will completely suck if you'll marry without material stability and/or without the right girl.

• I do...I had never heard this stated before...but I bloody well do agree with it and further..it dovetails with this one--------> link

• That was interesting to read :) I'm sure there are guys who would marry outside of obligations though. I just think its all about the timing

• females did tend to drop out of site more often and for longer...a lot of them reconnected with us though..even if they did not divorce...(:(:(:

• Haha yeah they still wanted guy friends! ;) It made sense to me when I heard that but its weird to think a girl would give up so much for a guy

• Yeah, guess I'd have to agree with that.

• I agree because men have you be ready financially and we have to have our things straight before we decide on marriage. Women are just good to go, they hop on to what they guy is doing.

What Girls Said 2

• It makes a ton of sense

• yeah I totally agree. but I stopped looking for "the one" I think as girls mature they realize "the one" is BS

• Yeah you can't just expect for your checklist to be in one guy...because if you expect that you have to remember the guy probably has his own list and expectations