When do you plan on getting married?

Have you thought of an age? (like I must get married before this age)

Or do you not want to get married?

Or do you take it one day at a time?

Other

And children?

Males answer too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to get married in the next 5 years hopefully. I'm 20 right now. I want a whole bunch of kids too :)

• Isn't that a lot of pressure to find a perfect guy in 5 years? Or maybe you already have someone..

• ahh true 5 years is a long time. When I get married if I do I'm having a big family too, I'm talking as may as we can pop out.

• hahaha same here! :)

What Girls Said 35

• When do you plan on getting married?

Never

Or do you not want to get married?

I don't want to get married as it seems marriage is pretty much all cons for a gal while divorce is all pros. Plus in my opinion most guys don't make worthwhile short-term boyfriends so husbands LMFAO.

And children?

I want three gals ala in vitro, surrogacy, and adoption or fertility medication induced triplets.

• I don't believe ya Sweetie Pie...o.O

• I'll stick with denial rather than what seems a highly unlikely possibility for me :)

• Haw Haw! Luv ya Pixie!

• Basically? I want to get married while I still look good in a wedding dress. I'm hoping maybe before I'm 30, but I'm fine with whenever God decides. I want 2-3 kids, but I want to wait a few years between them, so they aren't all toddlers at the same time. :shudders: I want at least one of them to be a responsible, helpful, older sibling. lol

• Hopefully by the time I'm 25. I want 2-3 children and I want to be done by the time I'm 35, and I also want a couple years without children so I can have sex lol... I'm waiting until marriage for it.

• I'm not sure how it's going to work out with grad school and stuff...when I'm 25 sounds like a good age. Although I don't have a "I need to get married by __" age, that' seems like taking it a bit too far. Children a year or two after that maybe. Dunno.:p

• why are you going to grad school, if you're planning on having kids, right after how does that work exactly?

• haha not sure, I have 6 years to figure it out so ill start working on it.

• u b kool...as is toulouse...but I talk with her WAY WAY more than I do with you../:

• I plan on getting married when I have found the absolute right one and I fully trust my decision, and hopefully that's before the age of 30. :)

• So let's just say for instance, you're approaching 30 and you haven't felt the PERFECT connection, are you willing to settle for sub par? Or do you wait..? ahhh

• Hahaha awww you will definitely find someone before then

• Oh I hope so. ^^

• Not until I'm after 25 AT LEAST.

I really love the single life. I'm in no rush to have my freedom cut off and step into a whole new life by being a wife and a mother. Those roles will dominate your entire existence and that's not something I'm eager for. I lke being able to decide what dominates my existence rather than having outside people choose it for me.

I definitely want lots of babies, but not until I'm 29 or 30. They are expensive and take up all of your time and energy. I have a lot of livng to do, many experiences to discover, and lotsa money to make before I have kids!

• I don't know...I mean, I'll see what happens with school and a job, and I need a boyfriend first lol..But theoretically, for the sake of my answer, I would like to maybe get married around 22-24, I guess. I think I would want four kids (Ideally two boys and two girls). But again, I need to see how things work out :)

What about you?

• Me? I have no clue. I'm 25 and my life has taken a twist. I've dropped out of college and gone through a rough period but I've gotten wiser as a result. Many of my friends are married and I don't feel like I'm even close to that type of relationship yet. There's too much adventure to be had before settling down. I'm thinking 30-35 + depending on where I am in life at that point. When I do get married though, I'm gonna love my wife and have as many children as possible because big families are happier.

• I'm open to the ideas of marriage and kids, but I'm not going to force it. If it's supposed to happen, it will. But I'd prefer not to have more than 2 kids.

• Never getting married

Never having kids...

• Never say "never" Dear...(:(:(:

• never.. Never.. NEver.. NEVer.. NEVEr.. NEVER.. nEVER.. neVER.. nevER.. neveR.. never...

• awww...you are such a sweetheart..<3<3<3=D

• Would like to get married before I turn 28 but not in a great rush, I have school to finish and independence to earn. I'd like a family, 2 or more children. Taking it one day at a time for now, got plenty of time. :)

• 2 Children... getting married as a specific age is probably so hard to stick to, which I'm sure people can understand because there are two people's lives and sometimes things happen in our lives that aren't convenient for a marriage and it's not just one person's life so you know. Maybe 30 years old to get married but maybe sooner so I can have kids as early as possible.. I would like to be married ideally for two years before kids!

• I'm not sure if I really want to get married, that's just where my mind is at right now but of course things can change so it depends. But before I'm 30 maybe. No kids. I don't think my mind is going to change about that for a while either. I do like to think to just take it one day at a time, I don't really think about that kind of stuff in general, so we'll just see what happens lol

• I won't get married or have kids. It doesn't interest me and I won't change my mind. I would get bored with them regardless and children disgust me. Rather spend that money travelling.

• I have similar thoughts. I'm not gonna go out seeking to marry. I'm gonna spend my money traveling and having fun, and if by fate or some mysterious way I find my future wife, then so be it.

• Sometime between when I'm 18-25. Preferably after I finish college and the guy(hopefully my current boyfriend ^_^) finishes college though.

And yes, I definitely want kids.

• i am married now but this was my plan before being married:

1 I plan to get married before 30

2. to have a kid after 2 yrs

outcome: it happened exactly as I have planned BUT I have regrets. Be sure you planned this with the right person not just with the person you think who can provide you with your Wants

• Ah sorry to hear. If you don't mind sharing your regrets, maybe we could all benefit from hearing about your experiences. I'd like to be able to provide my significant other with her wants.

• Sounds like that guy is going to be cuckolded.

• I'd like to get engaged while I'm in school, and married after I graduate. I have 8 more years of school ahead of me so my expectations aren't that crazy. Children after I'm married, and after I own a house.

• Mid to late 20s 4 or 2 children

• I'd prefer to be married by the age of 25. I'm now 22.

No children, though. I'm sure I'll find a guy who doesn't want children either.

• I am sure that you can find a guy who does not want children...but this is, in some ways, like sexual compatibility...what if the guy you want more than any other in the world DOES want children...and I know...you say you don't want children..and I feel that you are an intelligent and well-balanced female..one that I am proud to have as a friend...but you do not know how you will feel in 15 years...pretty smart myself and I realize now that I had no clue...always wise to keep your options open?

• i thought when I hit 30 I should be married but 29 now and no partner so I just take everyday at a time approach if I meet someone and it feels right yes but if not no. no rush

• Never. Ever. - I don't plan on doing that at all. Even if he's the MOST perfect guy for me.

No kids either.

• Oh yea? How'd you make up your mind?

• I want a carefree life. Just work, boyfriend, school.. That's it.. Nothing too major.

I want easy detachments for myself.

• I want to get married mid 20s and have children a couple years later.

• I want to get married around 25. And yes to children(: A boy and A girl.

• Never.

None.

• um age 21 22 I don't know and I would love to have 3 or 4 kids and I want my husband to love me and want kids :)

• I have given it some thought. I plan on getting married as soon as I'm finished with college and if I am also ready for it.

• 23-30

• Married by 27. I want 4 kids of my own and I want to adopt 2. Lol

• two or three years from now... one or two kids

• After I get my BA

• Not sure but I have a even set of children

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 12

• I always wanted to get married, The big Italian wedding, the bachelor party, all of it. Out of high school I joined the United States Army and got addicted to traveling to different cities, states even countries. I moved around a lot and had many girlfriends in many different places. About 12 years ago I settled down where I presently live and have been with the same person since. We are technically engaged. She was married once before to an ass and has no children, I have no children nor been married. What we have works for us. For our income bracket their are no legal or tax reasons or incentives. We are spiritual not religious. IF we do get married, it will be more for her benefit for when I pass on.

Had I had children with someone earlier in my life, then my answer very well could be 100% in the other direction.

• What state/countries have the best women in your experence? What made her the one you were going to marry?

• Pretty soonish? I'm getting old. When you're too old to party and go to clubs, and all your friends are getting married and having kids, life becomes more boring than not. By the way, if you think your married friends are still going to want to hang out so much with you, single and middle aged, think again, especially after they start having kids. It's really a personal choice though whether you want to spend your days after you get to be middle aged more alone than not.

• 100% agree. Your friends don't need to be married to not want to hang out. My friends have girlfriends and they can't hang out lol.

• I have no interest in getting married in any country where the divorce laws are against men. I like the idea of marriage, but not in the U.S. When and if I move overseas, I'd reconsider it, but I am not making strong plans for it.

• You could always have em sign a prenup

• Until the law changes, more men should just opt out and have long-term girlfriends, but not get married. There's no point in giving over all the legal cards to the woman and the state.

• Well put.

• Have you thought of an age? (like I must get married before this age)

It'd be nice to still be in my 20s when I get married.

Or do you take it one day at a time?

There's no Miss Right in mind at the moment so just one day at a time.

And children?

After the marriage, haha.

• I'd definitely like to be married before the age of 30, along with have at least my first kid before 30. I want to be able to be as physically active with my kid(s) for as long as possible so I can play sports with them as they grow up, go hiking, etc. But that's just what I'd like, I wouldn't marry someone before the age of 30 if I didn't truly love them just so it would play out like that.

• You can plan all you want but when it comes down to it, unknown and unforeseeable variables contradict a presupposed time.

• I don't plan to get married ever...unless the tax savings is much better. I don't want children either.

• I'm 25, and I'm hoping in the next couple years to be married.

• Late 20's

• I was 38...but I was ready by the time I was 30..(:(:(:

• My mom was 38 when she and my dad got married. =) And she's 13 years older than him. haha.

• LOL! Maybe that is why you are so open-minded? <3<3<3=D

• my mom was 45 when she married my step dad. she's 10 years older than her. he wore her down for two yeas, she finally agreed, because she liked his 'height'. (in reality, I think its because he had a lot of contacts& she had a lot of ambition. as a business partner OK. as the person you're spending your life with, its disgusting, & so f***ing depressing. imo.

• Never. To hell with that.

• it happens when it happens