Your perfect wedding?

consider this a gift for you girls, something to have a blast with.

i don't have an ideal wedding planned, I won't plan that till I have a girl to marry.

BUT, I'm hoping there's lots of weed, video games, music and drinking. and a pool. ooo and cute puppies and kitties running around everywhere! :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not dead set on any of this, but if my guy was alright with not being super traditional, this is what I see my wedding being similar to...

I don't want a traditional white wedding dress very much, simply because the message behind wearing white most likely wouldn't apply, and I look terrible in white. I'd prefer a gothic style dress with a corset on top, or maybe a medieval style dress with long drapey sleeves - mainly black with some dark purple designs or fabric to blend with it. I'd want the same colors on my guy, obviously. And the bridesmaids and groomsmen would wear combinations of black and dark red. It would be kind of a Nightmare Before Christmas/Vampire theme - but I'll try to resists actually wearing my custom fit fangs. If not that, then we can have a Beauty and the Beast theme, although I don't think I look that great in yellow.

I'd like to get married either at a botanical garden or on home plate at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri as I'm a huge Cardinals fan...or maybe in front of a gothic type cathedral to fit with the wardrobe style. I'd prefer not to get married inside a church because I'm not religious and churches just make me uncomfortable for some reason. The location isn't extremely important to me, but I'm just trying think outside the box here.

As far as guests go, I don't want a huge wedding. Only the most important people in our lives. I might send out announcements to other people, but I only want those who are most special to me to actually be there. Sorry if that sounds stuck-up, but it's supposed to be my day and I don't want to deal with people I don't like.

The reception is the thing I haven't really thought about yet. Probably just have it at some close friend or family member's house that's large enough, and just have everyone dress casual and chill... we can still do all the speeches and dances and whatnot.

• yo, I like that you're not having the typical wedding.

and it is your day and your wedding and you have every right to tell someone not to come. its not at all stuck up.

• Like I said, I'd like my future man to be into all those kinds of things. If not, then it wouldn't be any fun. Even so, I'd want to make it somewhat unique.

• cool, cool.

What Girls Said 18

• Well, to be honest, I haven't really thought about it. See, to me the wedding is just ONE day out of your life together, but the mariage is forever. So, I don't really view the wedding day to be has

big a deal as most women and even if I did. I certinly wouldn't walk around with the "it's my day"

mentalilty. It's not MY day, it's OUR day, so we both get to decide as couple, how it's gonna be.

However, since you careful planned out this question and subject yourself to ridcule, for the type

of wedding you want. I can do the same. : ) So, if I had to pick a perfect wedding, it would

either be at (A. City hall, were we both wear jeans and t-shirt and have two people there to witness it. However, I'm not sure if I'd do that, so then (B. A little chapel, somewhere. With me

wedding dress a simply white dress and him just dressed up nicely. With both our parents there

and any other people that we really want to have there, everybody else can wait til the reception.

I of course want to get married by Catholic priest and then he'd proceed with the cermony. It

would be simple, but beautiful and intimate. Then, we're prononeced man and wife and he kisses

me his bride. Then off to the reception, which can be just about anywhere, as long as it's simple and fun and full of love and laughter, I'm cool with whatever. And, I don't want no biig cake, just get me cookies or a sheet cake from the grocery store and I'm happy. Like I said, as long as it's fun, it''s all good.

Then after that it's off to our honey moon in Hawaii or some place tropcial and the rest of the honeymoon deteils, I'll keep to myself lol ; ) Let's just say, when I come back, I'll have finally lost my virginty and just the way I always wanted to. To my husband the man I love, who loves me back and I'm his wife. Makes me happy to think about : )

Anyway, sorry for the over share, I ramble a lot, sorry. P.S. If you have the kind of wedding you said you wanted,invite me, especially if there puppies! I could never pass up a wedding with puppies : )

• Wow you sound like an amazing person.

And just for that, id invite you to my wedding. Id even let you take a puppy home, like in bridesmaids.

• You're welcome! : ) And, yes, intriguing. You just seem like a interesting fellow and I like interesting people.

• haha well that's good.

well add me if you want and we'll talk.

• If I ever get married, I'm not gonna be able to choose, lol. Part of me wants a big wedding, a huge day where it's all about my future hubby and me, lots of people and a huge party. But another part of me wants it small and intimate. Just my close family, his close family and our best friends. Somewhere in a forrest or a beach. but he has to wear a white tux, I love a white tux, lol.

• haha good luck keeping it clean.

why don't you just go with an in-between?

• I should make him sign that :')

• sign that he loves you and therefore everything you do is cute?

• hmmm my ideal wedding, this'll be fun!

*my uncle will officiate

*will be at my church

*maybe 5-6 attendant for me and 5-6 for him

*ideal colors would be: shades of blues, silver, black, white or aqua blue, yellow, brown (im kinda liking the latter )

*id rather have the girls pick up their dress from jc penney's and tell them 'as long as its within the color scheme, we're cool'...guys would wear matching dress slacks(i.e. black, or khaki), white button down shirts (with the sleeves rolles up), and coordinating vest and tie or just a tie... and the entire bridal party would be barefoot

*it would be in the fall(i.e. September, October, November, early December)

*simple reception(i.e. chips, finger sandwiches, punch, coffee, cake)

*tons of dancing(cuz I love dancing at weddings)

*maybe like 200-300 guests

*oh and my man would wear the same thing as his groomsmen

*i don't like going with traditional stuff, so I would love to have blue somehow coordinated into my white wedding dress :-)

• well thought out haha

• i agree! lol

• Haha we agree on a lot of things it seems.

• I want an outdoor wedding in the spring. My flowers will be red roses and the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's ties will be red. I would want to wear a pure white mermaid dress with my hair down and curled with red jewelry. I would want my wedding ring to be a ruby instead of a diamond, but I don't know if that really counts for the wedding plans. My groom would wear a black tux. The wedding would be smallish, no more than one hundred guests.

The food at the reception would be high quality, though I don't exactly know what to serve yet. Hopefully the cake would both look and taste good. We would have sparkling cider instead of champagne because I am teetotal and I want to marry a guy who is as well. I would want my first dance as a married couple to be to "If I Didn't Have You" from Monsters Inc. Either that or "As Long As You're Mine" from the musical Wicked.

I would like to Honeymoon on a cruise on the Mediterranean.

• link ---- Yea, that sums it up.

• Ideally, it would be small. My preference would be under 50 people.

Lots of diy, eclectic fun. Possibly a bit gothic inspired. I plan on grabbing a dress from a thrift store and altering it, with rainbow tulle underneath. And I might wear my top hat.

If I could make the majority of food myself, I'd be thrilled.

Beyond that...I'm not super picky.

• I resent myself for having this stuff worked out already ... but

I want the wedding waltz to be Everlong by The foo fighters..

I want there to be bruschetta and pizza somewhere in the serving of food

the wedding cake should also be chocolate

There should be lots of alcohol and music we like ...

needless to say probably not that many guests...

Oh and lots of bubbles

• a nonexistent one? I dunno,i don't want to get married,if I had to,i'd like to just sign some papers and go home.

• Ummmm... a very romantic wedding :D

A beautiful, very expensive dress, beautiful hair & makeup, nice heels, jewelry, a nice suit for my boyfriend! My man has to look good too ofcourse ;) I know he will anyway! No matter in what he shows up lol. And ummm, I think I would love a wedding on the beach! :O Sounds so romantic to me. With the ocean and the sound of the water... :)

• Wedding? Brrr. I'd have no wedding. I like your wedding idea because weddings are oh so boring. Having animals and video games around will liven up the place! :D

• right? don't people usually just stand around talking or MAYBE dancing?

• I think a few of them do and I honestly don't know why. I can't vouch for others. But I avoid going to weddings because I don't like them.

• haha nice.

• I like the idea of a steampunk wedding right on a cliff. It would give a really adventurous, fantastical feel. And the guys could wear tailcoats :D

• What if you jumped off right when you're declared married?

Into water or something.

• lol it would be funny if you like jumped off and went straight to the honey moon without telling the guests...

• ohoo that would be sik indeed.

• Nooo bbq because I'm smokinnn ;) looooool

• anywhere near a beach, not on it, but near it

• I don't have a "perfect" wedding in mind but I do have some ideas of things I'd like.

The ceremony would be at my home church and either my pastor or youth pastor would officiate it. I'd invite lots of family and friends and members of the church that I know. I'd love for it to be in the early evening/sunset and when my husband and I walk out of the church the guests would be holding sparklers (instead of the traditional throwing rice). like this: link

The reception afterward would include a dinner. Haven't really planned out whether it would be outside or inside.

If outside, I like decorations like:

link

link

If inside, I like decorations like:

link

link

link

link

Food stuff that would be cool:

link

link

link

I'd want my cake to be completely white like

link

link

• other cute ideas that relate to my wedding:

link

link

• omg how in the world? ha ha this answer is mostly links, not text haha.

• the way you talk, I recognize it instantly.

• Your party sounds like my kind of fun minus the weed.

But honestly I don't want to have a wedding. I want to get married but no wedding please. I don't like blowing through money and I don't like being the center of attention so wedding are not for me.

• But if I have a wedding I want it too be so dramatic and theatrical that the bride is no longer the center of attention. Everyone will be so focused on all the randomness going on.

• Oops I meant to say wedding lol. Haha I guess it does seem more like a party than a wedding

• haha its coo, same sh*t really

• lol that sounds like a horrible wedding

not all girls sit around planning their weddings. that's insulting to assume that all women do.

but I do that, so I can answer this question :)

whether I'm marrying a man or woman, I have some ideas for weddings, but not really an entire concept put together. I like looking up ideas though. cute things.

my dream wedding would be really fun, cute, and whimsical. different colors that kind of evoke feelings of like fantasy and fairy tales, the kind of place you would have wanted to visit as a kid. kind of alice in wonderland-esque. if alice got married in a slightly more sophisticated wonderland with a touch of romance and reality, that would my dream wedding.

i wouldn't do this design, but I love this color scheme. link

Maybe that helps you envision what I'm saying better. I've seen some cute ideas here and there that I like. Like for the toast, champagne glasses of milk (maybe flavored with honey or something) with cookies sitting on top of the glasses. I like the whole sand ceremony concept. I like the whole tea party aspect of tiered plates of cakes, that's cute. loose teas, with fun flavors, tea pots. id think of something fun for the people to do so they aren't just sitting there waiting for it to end. I saw this one idea where everyone gets the same form to give advice to the couple about marriage link I kind of like that. and have a quotes book or something instead of a standard guest book to read when we are on the honey moon. My wedding dress wouldn't be white, I've already decided that. I want a deep, dark, rich kind of red, sleek dress but that probably wouldn't go well with this theme. and obvi, a beautiful, fun cake. I won't post any more links because I'm already ashamed that I know this much of what I want if and a wedding, and I have a lot of ideas for this so...

and no priest, pastor, etc. I'm an atheist and I refuse to be married in a church or by a religious figure. :)

honestly I just like elaborate celebrations and food. that's what its all about. I don't need it all though. I could just have a simple wedding or get eloped and then spend all the money on the honeymoon. when you think about it, that's probably the smarter route. I could have a really cute backyard wedding or something and then have a slamming vacation.

• don't f***in diss my idea, its my wedding, I can have it however the f*** I want.

and I didn't assume all women do that at all.

f*** off

• lmao. wow.

• I don't wanna think about it anymore, because I got to the point where I think that, that is never going to happen.

• why not?

• I'll try :) thanks.

• you're welcome :-)

• I would want to get married on a beach in California. I would want a small wedding with only family and closest friends.

What Guys Said 5

• I would love to get married in Vegas by Elvis.

The older overweight Elvis, with chrome glasses & a blue velvet tux.

Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love.

• My perfect wedding would be:

1. In a nice back yard, with flowers, a bunch of friends and family, and me waiting for my bride to arrive.

2. In a nice beach with breeze hitting my face, have it nice and quick, then PARTY!

• a wedding with weed, video games, drinking and pool with running kites, lmao.

I guess you'd wanna also hold your reception at Chuck E Cheese while your at it haha.

No respecting girl would ever say yes to such a wedding. Who you gonna invite the street bums off the corner with prison inmates? Your leaving out your family and hers outta it, I don't think they would be happy with the weed unless you marry a junky.

Funny though, hehehe. thumbs up

• man, I just gotta find the right girl.

and actually, LOTS of girls would love this.

i know this cause I've talked to a lot of girls, a lot, that I know would love it.

and whoever doesn't wanna come, doesn't have to.

• dunno if girls are marriage material until they grow up in to a woman.

• well I'm 21 so most of the girls I talk to are already 19 or over, pretty close.

• My perfect wedding: Have no wedding! YAY, but I do like your idea, sounds exactly what I'd have minus the weed since I'm not into that but to each their own ;)

• well hey, thanks for not being a hater and dissing it man.

does sound like a dopeass wedding tho, right?

• yeah especially the puppies and kittens, who the hell wouldn't love that!

• Well there's people tht don't like animals but o well, I won't invite them.

• This seems like it would be at Chucky Cheeses

• Nah I want it out doors

• Drugs are only used by scumbags

• suuuuuuuuuuuure lol