Do you think its right people be Married when.....?

They're not a practicing member of that faith? I personally don't agree with it, I'm not religious myself and I couldn't really see myself standing there taking a vow to a god I simply don't believe exists, but people do it all the time. I might consider doing it if it makes my woman happy, even if it is massively hypocritical but at the end of the day, if I had a choice I wouldn't. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's hysterical that folks do it, or feel the need for a church wedding when they've never been in a church. The MOST funny is my lying, cheating ex husband & his lying, cheating whore who married in a church recently. I was certain God would drop that roof on their heads. Both cheated, but she had cheated on her last 3 husbands, all with other married men! Obviously, vowing to God means nothing to either of them, so, yeah, what's the point?

Me? I'd only be married in the church, and only to someone who was a practicing member. But that's just me. To each him own. Dang...I guess that's it for us, sweetheart. :(

• wow that sucks about your ex husband and his hoe, hope karma catches them

• Ah, who cares if karma catches em? Crap happens, Lots & lots of crap...lol

• Thanks. :D

What Girls Said 5

• Don't nonreligious people just leave religion/God out of their wedding ceremony? That's what I would do. I guess if my partner was religious we'd have to come to a compromise somehow.

Honestly I don't really care what other people do in their weddings, it doesn't affect me in the slightest :P

• yeah I understand but the act of marriage itself always had religious significance, that's the whole premise behind it. You can't just decide to leave the God part out looool, then its not marriage or a wedding. Good answer though

• Well times are a'changin' :P Most marriages are no longer a way for fathers to sell their daughters to powerful men, either (just an example).

A lot of countries require the civil aspect of marriage to be separate and/or held before the religious one, because ultimately, the legality of the marriage is what makes it official, not the "vow to God." I personally think it's becoming more and more secular as being religious is gradually seen as more of an option than an obligation.

• Marriage existed long before Christianity and most other religions. Marriage is not just a religious thing, though it would be quite silly to have a super religious ceremony if you and your partner aren't particularly religious...

• I am agnostic. Meh I look at it is a ritual and ceremonial rather than religious.

• I'm not religious but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I see it more as a part of an American traditional wedding than a great religious commitment, like when people give out gifts during Christmas even if they're not christian.

• There a difference between marriage and religion there's other types of marriage ceremony's that don't enclude god in the vows

What Guys Said 3

• It's hard to get married in many parts of the world due to religious beliefs. If I'm not a part of a religious faith, whether I practice it or not, I'm not able to get married. I, personally, don't think courts should concern themselves with divorce cases. Take away the ability to get divorced and see how many people take their vows lightly. In my opinion, divorce is like having a "get out of jail free" card for murder. "Oh, I killed someone? Get out of jail card, beotch!" is akin to "Oh, I got married and I'm not in love? Divorce! :D".

• I'm not a believer, I won't get married in church.

Town hall wedding... maybe someday.

• Seems messed up to me. Standing in the house of a god you don't believe in, being web by his/her followers. Definately not for me.