Do widow or widowers move on faster?

So a man was married for 35 years, wife died suddenly. 8 months later, he has a new girlfriend, 16 months later, he is married.

Is it true men tends to move on faster than women after their spouse. / partner died ?

Is it true that men find it harder to handle loneliness (men are not born to live alone?) ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure how much is personality vs opportunity.

Dating prospects for a 60 year old male and 60 year old female are not remotely similar.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends. Some men can easily move on while others have a harder time doing so, and some won't even want to consider the possibility of moving on. And I can't speak for everyone, but to me, I do live alone, and it has gotten lonlier by the day, but I handle it better than I'd think I would.

• I think it is true. Most men I know struggle much more living alone than women. Don't know why though

• i think it depends on much more than the gender of the person...

What Girls Said 2

• On average yes, men start dating several months earlier after break ups as well as after being widowed.

But I know a women who got married again 1,5 years after her husband died

Some studies and surveys also imply that men on average find it harder to be alone than women

• statistically, in a life time... men have 3 x tjmes as many relationships. fall in love 3 X as much. remarry more often. get into new relationships more quickly-compared to women.

btw..Not wanting to be alone,is not at all the same thing as moving on. I e you can till be in love with someone& get into a new relationship.