How do I tell my boyfriend that I don't want to wait for a big wedding?

I love my boyfriend and I know he loves me too. we want to get married but I think he's waiting until he saves enough money for us to have big wedding. but how do I tell him I just want to be his wife and I don't want to wait for the whole fairytale.

Most Helpful Guy

• you just simply tell him, let him know how you feel about it

• But what if that's what he really wants

• But is he the only one at the altar? You've got a whole lot of say too.

However, is this just because of impatience? lol don't mean to sound rude or anything, just wondering. Or could it be you just don't want the financial costs of a big wedding?

What Guys Said 4

• You are a rare woman with some common sense about the whole thing!

So many women want a WEDDING far more than they want a MARRIAGE. You just need to tell him, and I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

As a DJ, I've done a bunch of weddings, from simple back-yard affairs that cost $1000 to big $250,000 affairs, and the people who really ENJOY their weddings are the ones with the far smaller budgets. The bigger you go, the more time you have to spend worrying about everyone else's experience, and you don't get to enjoy things yourself. And your wedding is for YOU, NOT to impress your friends.

Just tell him how you feel, and I assure you he's going to appreciate you all the more.

• If my wife to be told me that, it would just make me love her even more.

Im sure it would mean a lot to him that you don't worry about how big the wedding is, as long as you get married. Just tell him :)

• so how long do you know each other?

• Gee its usually the other way around but no harm in just telling him outright, he might just be trying to save money because he thinks you want to have a big wedding (usually that's the way it goes). Or compromise and have a medium sized wedding. Personally I would like a small wedding and spend the money on the honeymoon.

What Girls Said 4

• I applaud you. I feel the same way! Just get married. Tell him so. Quite frankly, I think a big white wedding is a waste of finance that could be better used. Should I choose to marry in the future, I'm going to let my fiance know; and you should too. Save your money. A white wedding is useless, because people put too much time and effort into the wedding and not the marriage.

Congratulations and good luck! I wish you a thousand years of happiness!

• just tell him. gotta be straightforward about it.

• "I'll meet you at city hall. 9 am tomorrow morning. I'll pay. Be there."

• Just tell him it doesn't matter to you and all the stuff is just for show. A marriage is more than a wedding :)