What would your ideal marriage be like?

I feel like we've all been raised with this bland idea of marriage; it's all wonderful up until the end of the honeymoon, and then it all goes downhill from there... husband gets ever so lazier, wife gets gigantic, children run around like spawns of satan, stress, finances, boredom...

So, if you could have the ideal mate to go for the long haul with you, and create the perfect marriage - what would yours be like?

Most Helpful Guy

• my ideal marriage would be where I get 2 days of the week to do anything I want while she takes care of the kids and 2 days she gets off while I take care of the kids. then one fam night. weekends we do something interesting as a family at times and at other times drop the kids off with our parents and go somewhere just me and the wife

What Guys Said 3

• Mine would be with a good woman, whom I love spending time with, and she loves spending time with me. We both work on keeping each other in shape, and our children learn that they respect others. We would undersand that each other needs free time, and we would also love spending time together.

• I almost got married. But we lived together before that. Respect for the differences that exist. Doing things together (cleaning the house, going out), but also have some time for yourself. I almost forgot. Great lovemaking in which they both enjoy. Sometimes it is a constructive quarrel very good.

• Someone whos good to me. Doesnt care I'm a virgin. And we enjoy spending time together and it doesn't get boring.

What Girls Said 2

• Ideal mate would be a great dad and want to be involved in his children's lives. He would be a hardworker/breadwinner and make sure everyone's taken care of. He would be outgoing, attractive, and friendly with a big heart. He would often say, "It's alright hunny, let me handle this" when it comes to housework, the kids, or fiscal matters.

We would have love-making once a week and it would be very passionate and fresh each time because after many years we still love each other very much. We also lead very healthy and active lifestyles so no need to worry about sexual health.

We would live in a big traditional style stone house, have a gardener and maid. I think I'd make my kids share a room until they reach a certain age, like 10, so that they can learn values about sharing/being kind to one another. Anyway, I think a place like Orange County, California would be a good place to live. Either that or Oregon, Washington, or somewhere in the northeast. I'm not a fan of hot sticky weather.

My husband and I would ideally take private vacations at least twice a year and then one yearly vacation with the children.

• best friends who have sex

we have open communication and can trust each other and talk about anything and feel very comfortable together..laughing or talking about serious things. we understand each others personalities. and we have great sex.

and over time we become closer so though it isn't a romantic fairy tale we still are very special to each other and couldn't imagine being with anyone else

and we have a few kids and our household is the type where we are cool type of parents..the kids like us and want to talk to us because we are laid back and funny/fun to be around