Guys: What is the most you would spend on an engagement ring?

Or what is a reasonable price for an engagement ring? Girls too feel free to comment on the matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't want to spend that much on an engagement ring because I felt it was a waste of money for just a small piece of jewelry. My husband and I looked up some cheap but supposedly real rings on the internet together and ordered a ring that cost around 100 dollars.

For my wedding band though, that was 1000 dollars and that included the lifetime warranty. My husband's wedding band was half that 500 dollars.

I only wear my wedding band.

What Guys Said 4

• 20 tickets at the pinball arcade.

• Max - 3 month salary.

I'm old-fashioned.

• This guy here has it right. Proper ettiquite says 2 to 3 months salary. It's supposed to be an investment for the future. Ettiquite also states that the person who breaks off the engagement is to forgo the ring...

• Actually it's not an investment, how much costs the ring doesn't influence how good or bad will be your marriage, it's just a tradition.

• My cousin spent $15k. Was divorced in 13 months. I will spend $0 on one because I won't put myself what he went through.

• She absolutely ruined him.

• reading that made me sad.

• But it's true. You all always want better and more than what's "good". I have no sympathy. Women are evil egotistical advancing beings. Best jawline, biggest wallet and most expensive Mercedes. That seems to be all that matters...

• I spent 6k on the last one and won't spend that much again

What Girls Said 5

• I don't want one to be honest. So if he did buy me one I would be happy regardless. I feel as though the love is more important than some piece of jewelry.

• It sounds bad but, I want a big ring. Somewhere around the $5,000 mark would be nice. I wouldn't marry someone if I didn't think it would last the rest of my life, so if we're still together when I'm 80, $5000 doesn't seem like a lot. Plus, the bigger the ring, the more guys will notice it and f*** off hahaha. I'd still be happy with like a $1000 dollar ring though. It kind of depends on the situation and how much money he makes.

• As much as he feels comfortable spending then a pinch more *just for luck* ^-^ haha

• I think I would be upset if my partner spent more than probably $600 on a ring, we both earn good money and I know he could afford much more but I see it as a massive waste of money and think the money would be much better of spent on a house deposit or paying for the actual wedding.

• I think they say the standard is 3 weeks or months of his pay, idk. I personally wouldn't want him to spend an big amount on a ring. I don like big rocks. I think as long as its sturdy, classic, simple and beautiful ill be happy. From what I've seen that I like my right would be in the hundreds, no more than a thousand

• FYI. For a couple of hundred you won't even be able to see it. Think about an alternate stone.

• I might find something decent for 800, 1500 should definitely be enough