I get annoyed when people want to spend a lot of time with me.

Lately I have had a lot of commitments to family & friends. I've been to 3 weddings since July and I am a bridesmaid in another wedding in October, plus every weekend it seems like I'm traveling for some event or to visit someone, or I have people in town that I need to entertain. I feel like I'm becoming resentful because I don't want to be this busy or have this many people around me all the time.

I know, I am probably coming across really selfish and ungrateful. I should be happy for everything that I have. And I am for the most part... but then out of nowhere, I get angry and wish I could just be alone for a little bit. I'm not a loner or anything I just feel like I am always rushing off to make someone else happy when all I want to do is catch my breath and have a moment to myself.

Does anyone else feel this way? How do you deal with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're feeling overwhelmed, because you have a ton going on right now, and that's totally understandable. It's clear that you just need a break and some time to decompress, so you need to pick up your calendar and schedule a "Me" event so you can have some time to yourself. I realize it might not be as soon as you'd like, but at least if you have it on your schedule, you can be looking forward to it.

What Guys Said 3

• Seems normal for that age group if people don't have kids.

Once they have kids nobody will have money/time any more.

• There are people out there who have no family or friends. At least you have people who like you and think your cool to be with.

• Sometimes you need a break from doing all that. I say just go home and turn off the phone and relax for the whole day or even a week lol.

answer my question please? link

What Girls Said 3

• get up early. go fr a hike. or do some sport. work out your aggression in a healthy way.

it will improve your mood while tiring yourself out so you won't care about being around other people.

or just decline. you don't HAVE to do anything. its a privledge to see people. not an obligation.

mainly stop complaining. just make a decision, and carry iut out. you're the one gong to these events. its no one elses fault. you do sound like you could use a good hard run, imo.

• I totally get what you're saying. I feel like that often with my friends. They are the type of people who love constant activity, but while I like going out and seeing them...I also love being home and relaxing. I got to the point where I accepted that sometimes I just have to say "no". I know it bothers them sometimes, but anyone who really cares/cared about me understands that sometime I just need some down time.

• I know exactly what you mean. I think it's worse for women, because there are so many damn social obligations we're expected to be part of. Also, because we're socialized to put others first. What I do, is when I have a chance, I turn down some of the social events. When you have "must-attend" things all in a bunch, it gets difficult. But when there are negotiable things, like someone asking you to go out to supper or to go to a party... I just say no. Then, I use that time to regroup and enjoy some alone time exercising, reading a book, watching my favorite movies, etc. Also, I'm not afraid to take half a vacation day or even a full one, on occasion, and use it for myself and not to go to someone else's event.

• Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. It doesn't help that I feel like I can't talk to anyone in my life about how exhausted & fed up I am, since they are the ones who keep heaping plans on me! :) You're right about saying no, I need to turn down invites more often. I think I agree to anything that is a couple weeks off because I overestimate how much energy I will actually have.