8 months.. Is it time to get engaged?

I have been with my boyfriend for about 8 months. and we have mutual friends that have been together for like a month and they are engaged. Every one that sees us together thinks he is the one for me. I'm just curious.. Is it time to talk about engagement?

Most Helpful Girl

• 8 months is too soon. Wait it out for a couple years. There is no need to rush.

What Guys Said 5

• NO! I bet you don't even know his favorite power ranger. Pre-mature marriages end in divorce. You need to keep seeking out new things about him until you really do know everything.

• Too early. Your friends are rushing things too.

• I think a year and half should tell whether you are soul mates for life marriage is a big decision

• Don't really need an explanation, it's a bad idea

• If he has any sense about him, he'll avoid that.

What Girls Said 4

• i would only talk about his views on marriage,it is too soon to talk about engagements,what is the rush?

• I was with a guy for 4 years and we were never even close to engaged. 8 months- you're still in the rose-colored-glasses phase. Even if you think you know each other at this point, engagement/marriage...I don't think it should be happenning.

• The choice is up to you but I don't see a need to rush things. I think you should wait.

• If you feel ready, and you know that the guy your with is a good man is going to be good to you, then I don't see why it would be a bad thing. You don't have to say "We should get engaged since everything is working out." Just discuss it see what you both think of the idea. Nobody is saying you have to get engaged now or anytime soon.

Good Luck. : )