Why do most men refer to marriage as their funeral?

Do men really think that marriage means death? Or the equivalent of!

Or do they just say that to make a joke, because it's so commonly said?

Hahah anonymous user is a whore. Thanks for clearing that up. :] He is so touchy! I think I hit a nerve and blocked me! HAHA :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe marriage is sacred and you can only do it once for real, it's a bit like dying which you can only do once and experience, for some it's agony and for others it's bliss which they long for.

I love the married life, I like coming home to a great woman that smiles and gives me a kiss and asks how my day was, I like the arguments we sometimes get, but find a common ground which we both agree on. Having stand by me without question when others think the worst of me, that's the best.

Only thing that sucks is that you get less time with each other when you start getting so much finance responsibilities, which puts a strain on your sex life as well.

Other then that if you can always find somehow to agree on things, I think your on your way to a great relationship.

• :]! Nice! and.. why not have sex everyday after dealing with all those financing responsibilities to kick off the stress?

• Haha this is awesome man, well said!

• :]

What Guys Said 16

• I can't wait until I'm married. It depends on the guy, some love it, others are simply not built for marriage.

• lol Why can't you wait?

• Aw :]]]]]] How awesome! Then, I truly hope you find her. :]!

• It's a joke. It's based off the fact that the guy will be stuck with one woman the rest of his life. The reality is, if he really wanted to he could go find another girl anyway, or divorce his wife and return to being single. Some guys do that, but a lot don't. The fact they don't is because they love their wife and they would never think of doing that to her. That's enough proof that it isn't "death" and they're just joking.

It's also a joke based off the fact that a lot of girls will not like their man doing things without them. While it won't stop some guys' night out, it does limit them. Not many married guys hang out with friends as much as they did before marriage, and when they do hang out they certainly don't do all the same things they did before marriage, no matter how harmless it is.

• It's the death of their "single life" I guess but guys wouldn't do it if they actually thought it was the death of them. It's more of a joke that now they are restricted to one woman and their womanizing days are done.

• It's a cynical joke... With all the women that cheat, use men for financial gain, try to trap a man in marriage or with kids, turn into a pain in the ass once they have a ring, etc. and all the divorce that happens, we have to be a bit skeptical... Guys get screwed over by the wrong women all the time, and the courts aren't exactly balanced when it comes to divorce. We have to be cautious with the women we consider marrying, because there is potential to really screw up your life with the wrong one.

• hmmm... Well usually it's with reason.. Like ...HE CHEATS!

• Funny girl. =P

• :P

• I NEVER thought that. It must be the guys who made a bad choice or got a shotgun wedding who say that.

• Yep. Pretty much entirely as a joke, because so many others have said it. Though there are some guys who don't want to settle down. Those are the guys who call it death.

• Realistically it's because DIVORCE. If a girl for any reason even boredom decides she's done with the man she can bounce out to anyone she pleases and take grips of money, his house, car and often kids with him. Leaving him paying out the ass for child support or alimony.

• That's a joke...I have some friends who got married and I gave them a Deepest Sympathy card...several years later...when they got divorced..my male friend was amused when he was going through the cards and found mine..he sent it back! ...(:(:(:

• Maybe they know they're marrying some crazy lady that is all hyped about the wedding and all that.

• Because it is the end to the original former guy we once loved. Now he will never be entirely the same :/

• Because it drains your money and block all of other p******.

• It's the day a man has to accept defeat to women that his manhood is restricted to only one woman (or subconsciously very limited).
    This saying is often a joke but the sad truth there is a lot that do mean it!

• It means no freedom Basically.

• oh sure give me thumbs down ^_^

• some would I'm sure.

• They'd probably regret it as soon as that wish came true.

• It's the end of his single life.

The Married version of a guy, is very very different from the single version of the guy.

This is just true. No point in trying to argue it.

So when the guy is getting married, the single version of him (the preferred version, in many cases) is being put to rest.

• Then wouldn't it be the same for the girl? Or will she continue to be single after marriage? Confusing!

• So men want to be whores for life. I see.

• Wow, you must be an AWESOME person to know in real life... not a judgmental cow at all.

• Basically, a man is not complete until he is married. After that, he's FINISHED.

hahhahaha I love that one :)

Actually, I'm married so I can say that. Making it more kinky to keep it interesting? Guilty as charged. You couldn't even google our kink its that weird. It wouldn't even fit into any of the existing platforms (BDSM, water works, fetishes, etc..). I don't even know what it is. But we LOVE it - we invented it ourselves. That's not going to happen with random vagina. Another person wouldn't understand...

Seriously though, you've heard it time and again about how society no longer has any moral grounding and blah blah blah. I don't know about that. But people have become lovers of themselves and not of each other. That is a good enough reason there for most people to stay single. You can be right, or you can be married. Pick one.

• haha nice! :]

• it is a combination of imagery and fiction, which I suppose is the substance of all fantasy. Exactly what we're doing with that... well... its private :)

• from one married guy to another, share your thoughts with me. Me and my wife wanna spice up our sex life again, because it's been kinda dwindling the last couple of months. Add me

• You get one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart, Frank. Way to work it through.

• Would you really rather have a different one everyday? A randomly used vagina everyday ... ewk?

• :/

• Blue, you're my BOY!

What Girls Said 1

• Because it's true.

• For you too? or are you referring to men?

• woah, so many down votes. I guess the majority are from guys that disagree with you and this question is pointed at guys. Who knew. Guess there are more guys that wanna get married then ones that don't.

• You get an Up Vote from me...no matter what your answer is!...<3<3<3=D