Marriage Pacts.... like in My Best Friend's Wedding?

Has anyone made a marriage pact with anyone?

What were the terms and conditions?

Have you gone through with it? And if so, how has it worked out so far?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've joked about it with my current kind-of-girlfriend, I say "kind-of-girlfriend" because it's very casual. Anyway, we've joked about it because we get along so well and we're always being told we make a cute couple. So we half jokingly said "hey, if neither of us is married in 10 years, how bout we get married?" We were kind of kidding, but I've told her, and meant it when I said it, that I can picture growing old with her. In my opinion, it's a thing for movies or rare circumstances. I don't think it happens often, but hell, why not?

What Guys Said 1

• People might talk about it, and might even make the pact, but NO ONE actually goes through with it. That would be getting married for all the wrong reasons.

What Girls Said 4

• Two years ago, my best guy friend and I agreed we would get married at 30 if we weren't married already. We're currently not speaking. =/

• My guy friend and I made a prom pact. It was just that if we didn't get better prom dates, we'd go together. Neither of us had dates but it was too late for him to rent a tux by the time he gave up looking for a date so I just went with my best friend because neither of us had dates.

I've always wanted a marriage pact but I don't think I would actually go through with it.

• Lol, hells no! That's basically saying "If I can't find someone I connect with enough and love enough, THEN I'll choose you. You win by default" I'd never be selfish enough to put someone in that situation nor foolish enough to make one of the hugest decisions on my life with someone I'm settling for.

• Nope never done it. Just with girlfriend, if we are single we will be the old cat ladies together.