Why do guys that are husband/boyfriend material always get the short end of the stick?

Girls always say they want one type of guy but then they go for another type.

Like they want a guy whose husband material but they go for players...ladies why do so many of you do this?

Yes I know all of you ARE NOT like this but a lot of girls are

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls go for the players when they are young, just like guys go for the whores when they're young. The wife material girls and the husband material guys are stuck waiting until the others figure things out. Unless of course, they are lucky enough to come across a husband/wife material person at a young age. That's what happens when you meet when you're 12, get married when you're 20 and live happily ever after for the rest of your life...it's very rare, but it does happen.

What Girls Said 7

• I think girls just need to mature. Because I was pretty much like that in high school and for some of college, but now I give pretty much any guy a chance (as long as no drug addictions or criminal records lol). It's a matter of accepting that the best guys out there may not have "game," but they would make wonderful and dependable lifelong mates.

• I don't see why a guy would want to be with a girl who doesn't appreciate his good qualities and chooses to go for guys that he thinks are a poor choice.

• Some dudes will tolerate that for an attractive female to stick their member into...rather sad imo. I couldn't be with a girl who finds long-term boyfriend traits as BAD.

She would frankly be too dumb for me to date! :-P

• I don't know why they do that. But I can say this I have husband material(he is my husband) good father getting better at it. See sometimes when someone screws up is hard to believe that this kind of guy is really with you. But I would never in a million years go with a player just for attentionor whatever it is that they do.

• Not with me they don't. I can't put up with douche bags. I grew up with 3 guys.

I know what I am looking for, and it isn't an a**hole.

• stupidity

• players basically know how to play the game better x

• Funny how girls say they don't like playing games.but they atill do it

• Some girls crave th attention these guys give I think, but then feel bad when they realize they are going for other girls too, players probably make them feel wanted, sexy and good about themselves. Untill they move on. But then I think some girls just don't care.

And fair enough if a girl doesn't want a boyfreind why shouldn't she play about.

And in that case, why would you want to be with a girl like that anyway?

Those guys who are husband/boyfriend material arnt getting away with the short end, they are lucky they are not meating girls who flaunt themselves and crave all that male attention.

Those men aree the ones who will truly get a nice beautiful girl one day who only has eyes for them and hasn't slept with tons of guys in the process of getting there.

I havnt had a boyfiend in over a year. And had sex once nin that time. Because most the men I meet are there player types who really don't know how to flatter a girl in the right way!

Where are these husband/boyfriend material guys. I'm going to the wrong places lol

What Guys Said 5

• Happy couples are happy and don't reach outside the relationship unless things go south. This is why you hear about the "girl getting hurt" and all that. People like complaining so you always hear about it. You won't hear about those happy couples because they are together and there's nothing to complain about.

When someone buys something at a store, if the customer's happy, you typically don't hear back from them. Maybe a praising letter if it was over-the-top service. When a customer buys something and isn't happy, he goes back and complains, writes letters, tells all his friends how bad the place is, etc.

What I'm basically saying is that there are plenty of happy couples out there but they are happy with each other so you never hear about the good couples. So when the girl gets hurt, she'll complain to him, her friends, post nonsense on Facebook, etc.

• because you are chasing wrong girls dude, the ones who go for these "players" are not the ones you want, and also these "players" you speak of also have the guts to ask them out, and maybe the guys who you are calling "players" aren't even players at all they are just other guys who actually ask these girls out, hence they get the girl, so stop whining about being such a loser and stop being so self righteous too, life may not be fair but it's life you gotta learn how to deal,

like here is a historical example that kinda applies here, back in world war 2 early on American aircraft where unable to out turn Japanese plane so planes like the zero, took down many planes because the pilots attempted to fight the enemy in turning fights and American fighters where not out turn them so they lost, so here is how that applies

you are like the American pilot whining about how you can beat the japs in dogfights, when in reality you are not trying the correct moves like in the example the pilot would want to use hit and run tactics or going head on because the japs planes didn't have great armor and where slower than the Americans

so, here is what I am saying, you are failing because you are trying to use the same style, time after time, which is not going to help you, so you need to rethink what you want in a girl, and how you approach, and no two situations are going to be the same, so remember that

• When girls want a certain type of guy, he only exist in their fantasy land.

So I have a saying: "Girls want a certain type of guy, but they are not attracted to them in real life".

But notice I said the word "girl" as I am referring to younger females.

Older Females...women... they will WANT a boyfriend/husband material. These type of females won't get turned on by physical looks, but they'll get turned on on something like if you know how to cook or if you are great with kids.

• But guys don;t want women, they want girls, because they seem to prefer younger females, and box off the older females after a while.

• It seems ironic but it actually is not. It makes sense that guys will think differently from girls because of the fact that the two are different species.

Ever heard of the Cub and Cougar relationship? They exist lol, younger man and older woman.

• But we are not different species at all. We are actually the same at our core. We only differ in superficial terms. I'm not even talking about a really huge age gap. But maybe it;s just a few guys that are closed minded that really prefer a girl who is a lot younger than himself. For example in most Muslim cultures, women are no longer desirable once they hit like 25

• Because they are just selfish. While young they know they aren't after a marriage so they go for the guy they believe will give them the best time, whether that be in the bedroom or whoever spoils them more. When they get older they want the nice guy when they see their looks starting to fade and the opportunity starts to go away.

• Same reason fat chicks with great personalities get the short end of the stick. . . because they don't appeal to the visceral desire to have sex. Do girls want a guy who is "boyfriend material?" Of course they do. They just want that in a guy who turns them on like crazy and makes them want to have sex all day. And that comes first, not second. . .