Girls, how many of you wish you could marry a rich husband?

Or fantasized about it at some point in your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol- I kind of joke about marrying rich so I can live my dream of travelling and writing, but I never take it seriously.

In the first place- I would NOT make a good trophy wife, I'm independent, out-spoken, and definitely not always the polished lady. Any guy I married would have to accept it and love me as I am, so wealth has never been a primary characteristic when I'm considering my "ideal" husband.

And in the second- I've always been a self-sufficient person. I paid my way through university, paid to travel Europe (on the cheap lol) for a summer, and I'm paying my way through grad school. I can't tell you the last time I ASKED anyone to pay for anything, and I very rarely accept people paying for me either. Basically- I've always had my own money, so I don't need someone else's. It's just not in my nature to want or need someone else to support me. I plan on having a career I can support myself with (hence the grad school), so marrying a rich guy doesn't factor in.

And, last- I just don't think I'd ever fit into that world. I grew up a rural blue-collar girl and I never feel I quite fit into high society when I'm there. I can pull off the elegant little black dress fine, I just don't ever feel quite at home. My rich husband probably would, so it wouldn't work.

Give me a husband who works for a living and can help me make a home for us and our family, maybe with a little extra so I can have a dog and cat, and I'm good.

What Girls Said 9

• Every girl has envisioned what it would be like to have a rich husband. Every single one. I'm sure guys have said, oh it would be nice to have a rich wife or a sugar mama. It's just not as common as rich husbands.

Every girl has said to their friends, someday, I'm going to marry a rich guy, and not worry about money, buying things, rent, car payments, etc. It's a joke my friends and I tell quite often. Will it ever happen? No.

Every girl when they were little think about having a rich husband at one time? I know when I was little...I thought about it. Just like I thought I would marry Aaron Carter when I was little.It was never going to happen, but I still thought about it.

Not all girls are programmed to be gold diggers, some are... but yes, every girl has thought about marrying a rich guy, and practically every girl has told the joke. Would life be easier if we did have a rich husband? Yes. But it doesn't happen all that often, and girls do have class even if guys don't think they do.

As soon as these questions come out, guys jump right down girls throats and say, "Ah-ha, I knew all girls were money hungry gold diggers that would jump on the opportunity to be rich!" It's disappointing that guys automatically think that's what all girls are like and assume girls are just in it for money.

• I have thought about it. It would make things a lot easier. I wouldn't want to if he's not someone I could love though =/ then I would most deff wouldn't be happy and what's the point in that.

• Everyone men and women alike I'm sure fantasize about having money or say if only I would win the lottery. However believe it or not when it comes to finding a partner people want something money can't buy, they want to love and want to be loved. When you care about someone you care about,them and not how fat their wallet is. It's for richer or for poor.

• I think it's a matter of what is most likely to happen to me than wishing.

My parents work hard so we do have money and I think just because of the University I go to, where I live, where I come from and who I associate with, it's inevitable.

I would definitely prefer a rich husband over a poor or middle class guy, because while money can't buy you happiness, it can buy you more security than the person living on welfare or paycheck to paycheck.

• this is an honest answer and how most of the real world works.

• I've imagined what it would be like before but in the end, money doesn't buy happiness. once you have everything then you have nothing left in life

• Not at all. I like the simple life. Being rich and having tons of money doesn't always guarantee you happiness. 'Distant has no idea about what he's talking about.

Eat me.

• $1,000 says if two twins come up to you - both exactly alike except one is a millionaire and one is homeless, you'll choose the millionaire. You have no evidence to the contrary so YOU can eat ME.

• whoa...

• Woah, distant I thought better of you, but in short, the race card isn't cool.

• Nope. I am not saying if the guy I fall for has money but love and good sex are what really matter to this girl.

• Money helps. I don't fantasize about it but it makes life easier

• I do want to get married to someone that's financially stable. I don't want to have to struggle just to make ends meet. After I'm done with school, I'll have a good career and will be making lots of money. So I want the guy to either be on the same level as me or above me (finance wise).

What Guys Said 6

• EVERY girl wants to marry a rich husband. Even the ones that are lying to you and saying "money doesn't matter" will prefer their significant other to have a lot of money rather than no money.

• But wouldn't you prefer your girlfriend to have money too? I up-arrowed you anyway because I do believe that women take finances into account.

• "DERP" that's something I haven't heard in awhile , lol

• I like to go retro sometimes ;D

• I mostly stay away from these questions, because women/girls tend to get emotional about this very much and don't want to be stamped as shallow or a gold digger.

I can promise you this, you can marry for love but you will probably divorce for cheating or finances, the couple that doesn't have their finances in order are surely doomed to separate.

Marrying a rich man, will narrow the possibilities for divorce too cheating and marriage abuse and other minor stuff.

I should answer this anonymous, but I'll give it a go even if I'm stamped as a heretic hahaha.

• Money Matters

• Only the shallowest of women want this. Judging by the girls on GAG, you've gotten your answer

• id gladly be stay at home dad or trophy husband.

• I kinda wish I could marry a rich girl lol