Why do guys like strip clubs?

I am engaged to my fiance and the topic of his bachelor party has recently come up. I really feel uncomfortable and insecure with him going to a strip club and ogling other naked women. I never thought that they were that bad until about 6 months ago. I was completely naive to what exactly happened in strip clubs ( I've never been to one, nor do I have any desire to go). I had thought that the women danced in tiny bikinis, not naked and possibly did girl on girl action.

My question is, why do men, who are happy in their relationship, like this? If your girlfriend or fiance is enough for you why is there a desire to watch other women? Is this not disrespectful to her?

How do other girls out there feel about their boyfriends/fiance's or husbands going and ogling naked women?

How do I express my feelings about this without sounding like I'm trying to control him or accusing him of things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're perverts , But if you don't want him to go to strip clubs let him know. If he doesn't agree he can hit the highway . Distant is wrong , You guys are not dating your engage which leads to marriage . That has to be respected, Your not being insecure or controlling if you tell him not to . I wouldn't put up with it. Someone once said but this is referring to married couples, Never put yourself in a position to be tempted .

• What a stupid answer

• I can't believe you guys are arguing on who she picked as best answer , Who cares , It's her choice who she wants to pick . My goodness , It's just a question and answer.

• I agree with Unicorn78, If she picked her so be it . Why say she picked the wrong person . I could care less if a person picked me . If you guys would argue about who someone picked for BA you would argue over anything.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't find strip clubs appealing whatsoever. If I wanted to stare at girls, one the beach is free and two if I were in a relationship I wouldn't have to leave the bedroom, why would I bother going somewhere and paying.

If your fiance is going out to strip clubs and it bothers you, tell him. It isn't controlling. You two are committed to each other and that means making some sacrifices. If his going out to strip clubs bothers you, he shouldn't do it. He shouldn't even want to do it if it bothers you. Just talk to him.

• Men like seeing women naked. Whether we're single, taken or married, we'll still like seeing women naked. It could be considered disrespectful though, it's technically just IRL p*rn. As long as he isn't hands-on, it shouldn't be a problem. If you ask him not to go, you're being insecure and/or controlling. It's a difficult scenario and there's no black or white solution. Obviously, as a women, you're going to want him to only look at you naked from now until forever but, surely you're not that naive.

As long as he's not touching or engaging in sexual activity, I would say let sleeping dogs lie.

• Personally I feel creepy going to strip clubs. I would rather a girl be naked with me because she loves me and is comfortable with me, not because I threw money at her. I also feel it is degrading to them. Surprisingly I know more girls who go to strip clubs than guys who go. I don't know why girls (who are straight) would want to go to a female strip club, but they say it's fun. None of my male friends go to strip clubs either. If I ever have a bachelor party I plan on just hanging out with my friends, getting drunk, getting a bunch of pizza, and playing video games. I never really understood why anyone who is getting married would want to see other naked women anyways. Most people say it's their last bit of freedom, but if you look at marriage like it's something that's caging you up, then you probably shouldn't be getting married then.

• It's really simple, guys like seeing naked women, a variety of naked women. Even if only just looking.

• shut up and go to a strip club with some of your friends and find out for your self. Yes you have fools who fall in love and act stupid, but it is more of just guys hanging out with girls and acting more like little girls than men.

It is not what you think, so go. All those girls are in college and all have problems, some are dog ugly, some very pretty but what does that have to do with you?

If you trained your man right he knows where his girl is. You are over thinking.

• It's entertainment, the ultimate eye-candy.

But you have a point, if your B.F. goes there it's a sign of disrespect - stuff like that is made for singles.

• Because men love good looking women naked.

• Who said we do?...I do not...>:(

• They're not as bad as you think. There are obviously guys there who are completely enthralled by the women and are perverts who just stare. Then there are the average guys who just go and drink with their buddies and talk to the girls who come up to them. It's always a party atmosphere and almost never dead. The same can't be said for a bar. Those are sometimes hit or miss as to whether people are having a good time. You can always find someone to talk to about just about anything at a strip club, whether it's a dancer or a random guy at the table next to you.

You might be open to going to one some time with him and other friends. You could be surprised how good of a time you could have, even if you're not in the least bit inclined to look at other women. I've been with friends who are girls, as well as girlfriends. All have said they hate to admit it, but they had a good time. In fact, my girlfriend had suggested on more than one occasion we go to the strip club because she's a people watcher like myself and it's a good place to do that - even if you're not looking at the girls.

They also have specials going on all the time. One club here has drink specials and free food during Monday Night Football. I went there one time for the cheap drinks and food while watching football, and they had contests during the game and I won some money for throwing footballs, so I walked out with more money in my pocket than I walked in with.

If you trust him, you know he won't do anything out of line. If you're confident in yourself, you won't be threatened by the girls at a club.

• it might have something to do with the naked women

• Distant nailed it pretty much.

The female body is incredibly beautiful, enjoyable, and pleasing to look at. Period. But it doesn't mean we have a connection with strippers or p*rn stars.

Maybe compromise with him. He can look but no lap dances.

What Girls Said 8

• i think its sh*tty , and would make most or any girl feel the same way , if a guy is getting married or even in a relationship , he shouldn't even think of going to a strip club , there is no need for it , and that's my point of view and sometimes its the guys friends who pressure him into it and its not him but he still goes anyway , but most guys wouldn't be happy a girl paying men to strip for her at her nights out , those nights are intended to saying goodbye to be single, which I think if someone is happily getting married they don't need that either , because its almost like they are sad for getting into commitment , but if someone does a bachelor party they don't necessarily need to go to a strip club , and id hate it if my boyfriend did that , same as he would hate it if I did the same , we think its disrespectful and almost like cheating , and have no need for it , tell him exactly how you feel , and he should understand your point of view , don't say to him the words . YOU can't go, but express how you feel . hope this helped :)

• Just ask him how he would feel if you went to a male strip club watching men dance around naked. If he wouldn't allow it (which, by the way, most guys wouldn't) then you don't have to allow him to go to a strip club either. Guys need to learn not to dish out what they can't take.

• Eh, he obviously likes to look at OTHER girls naked other than you!

The man I marry better bet satisfied with seeing ONLY ME naked. Otherwise he can stay single and do what he pleases. That kind of stuff becomes an addiction, and I wouldn't want to be married to some perv who will eventually need other sources to be come aroused other than me! EWK!

Stripper "males" also have a nice body to look at, If I'm getting married I wouldn't want to see ANOTHER man naked other than the one I'm being married to. So if I'm respecting him, he should be respecting me too.

Some people are okay with that, but I'm not! If you're not okay with it, you should definitely bring it up and come to an agreement.

Men can say what they want, it is still a perverted action. And if you're not comfortable with that, and HE is, then you can look forward to a not so happy marriage on your part.

• I agree with you , Strip club isn't for people who are in committed relationships.

• Perversion

• I agree with most that the best way to do it is by informing your guy how you feel about him going to strip bars. Remember that his attitude towards these kind of adventures reveal his real personality. His character is reflected in how much he will respect you now and in the coming marriage life that you will share with him. It's not about being controlling or insecure, it's more about respecting your feelings and yourself as a whole. Let him consider the fact that he will be a role for your children.

• naked women, allure of possible sex.yes many strippers will F*** for the right price.the ultimate male fantasy

We can't control what men do.if he's gonna cheat he will and ain't nothing you can do about it.however you have a right to be respected.would he be okay with you dressing revealing and sexy and grinding on other guys at a night club? If not then its hypocritical for him to go to a strip club where much worse happens.if he's a good men and respects your feelings he'll do the right thing

• I don't like strip clubs, I think the girls in their are dis grating themselves and don't have much self respect.

I especially hate it when guys are super obsessed with it and p*rn, cause you don't need that when you have a girl in your life or your right hand..lol

I mean, it's not like us girls are into that like guys are, we can live without that stuff.. so should the guys.