What is the minimum amount of money you need to make per year in order to have a decent wife?

I would say is 49K at per year.

I mean that way you have enough to provide her with a decent size house, a nice kitchen, two decent cars, and an OK vacation once a year. Also you can manage to take her out on Friday nights.

I mean to get a decent wife, someone that would be loyal, faithful and respectful of you, that will groom OK, go to the gym, and have sex with you regularly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Due to the ongoing decline in macro-economic conditions, the price of Decent Wives has decreased significantly within the past several years and one can now be had for a mere $15,000 annually. This amount will easily provide for a nicely-appointed refrigerator box under a centrally-located bridge, a used bicycle, and plenty of bones for soup-making.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think whether or not you get a decent wife depends on how much you make. You can make millions and your can still cheat on you with the pool boy. It doesn't depend on income it depends on the person.

However I think most would hope their life is like the way you described, so they're looking for an upper middle class income. So I guess that's around 50k - 100k. If you want her stay at home I would def aim for higher than 49K. Don't get me wrong 59K is a very good income and familycan live off it, as long as she is making at least half of what you are, you can live off that very very well. But if she isn't working and you still want a great house, two cars 3 or 4 kids, nice vacation once a year, good health insurance, gym membership... it may not be quite enough.

Then again it's really hard to put numbers on that. Most people make less when they get married compared to when they start having kids. You grow and usually so does your income. When my boyfriend graduated from college last summer he got a starting salary of 40K and for next year he has a new job that pays 45K

• Yeah, women are expensive these days. Thanks for the imput.

• if you have to make a certain amount in order for her to not cheat you should marry someone else.

i think taking care of herself would be more in relation to you taking care of yourself. not how much money you make. same with respect. if you respect her she would respect you. same with being faithful. relationships are about relating. not about money. if its about money that's prostitution. not a marriage.

• Well, you have to look at it from another view, if you have a decent income, then she knows you have options, and that she mess up, you can dump her and get another one, so that helps to an extend. And the same goes for her taking care of herself, if you make that kind of money you are solid and don't have too many psycological issues, so she would have to keep up with that by looking decent.

• Money can't determine whether or not you'll have a decent wife. Her personal qualities are the things that count, if she's with you for your money, get rid! She'll be running to a richer man once she gets the opportunity...Find a girl who likes you for you.

• Well, the thing is that nowadays a girl that is interested in a long term relationship would have to look first into what financial opportunity I can offer her before giving herself the opportunity to get to know me.

• i don't know but to me materialistic things don't matter as such. I mean if a man is trying and does have ambitions but can't seem to get a job ita different to if he's being lazy but all of this is to do with personality. people usually want decent cars a big house etc but that can easily go out of your hands. character is always a first for me.

• decent wife or life? you could be a million air but you're wife could be a bitch... you can't pay for someone's loyalty..

• Well, what I mean is that if you have that kind of money you have options, you get married with a legal agreement, and if it doesn't work, you can just next her.

• get a hooker

• Not as good, you can't make out and it cost 300 bucks an hour for a good looking one. That's 100K per year. Plus is easier to get stds, so you can't really try many things.

What Guys Said 5

• 'decent wife' implies that she wouldn't be concerned with superficial things like money and posessions.

• Agree, I meant in terms of looks and social acuity.

• It's hard to say man. In California both of you would probably want to make that, at least, to have a fairly comfortable life--especially if you want to retire.

• It's a lot of money for most people, but then you meat people who think is not enough and it makes you wonder.

• LOL... more than 250k per annum and only requiring 35 hours per week of work.

• If you are making more than 250k then I'm agree is not worth to even get married to begin with.

• Probably depends where you live.

I make 120k and can't afford some of the things you mention.

• If you got money, don't get married! The system will reward her for seeking divorced and possibly get half of all you have plus support. It's too tempting for a person to get the cake and eat it too. You can be lazy as f*** and get money from the hard working person. Don't get married.

• But I heard you can get a prenup.

• Yeah I heard about that and it sounds scary. I would have to speak to a lawyer about that.

• don't. Most lawyers are there for their interest, you getting married and then divorced is a lot of good business for him/her. The longer it takes the richer he gets. And courts are happy to oblige and let the whole crap go on forever. All of that just because you sign a marriage CONTRACT. That's the problem. Once you have money, the vulture wants it.