Ladies, it's time to test the myth. How much do you really think about your future wedding?

A girl I know is trying to convince me that "95% of girls plan their wedding ahead of time", meaning before they're even engaged.

I've heard that girls sometimes like to do this but I really can't imagine it being a "girl thing" that majority of girls do

This girl is obsessed with her future wedding and she's trying to convince me that all girls are like that. I don't buy it...

Ladies what are your thoughts? How much thought do you put into your future wedding and when did you start thinking about it?

(If you don't fit under the options post why in the comments!)

• I've put a lot of thought into it since I was young.
  • As I get older and look for "the one", I've been putting more thought into it.
  • I have a few things in mind I think would be nice, otherwise I haven't put that much thought into it
  • I won't start planning it until I'm engaged
  • I don't want to get married/ I'm a guy and want to see the results

Most Helpful Girl

• I've sort of come up with a possible "dream-wedding" scenario. But unless I'm a millionaire, its not remotely realistic. I haven't put much thought into a realistic wedding. That's something I'd rather figure out with my future husband.

Conversely, my boyfriend is already picking out songs he wants played when he gets married...and he's started coming up with his vows so when the day comes they'll be perfect.

It has more to do with someone's personality than their gender. My boyfriend is a huge romantic so he thinks about these things. I am not, so therefore, I don't really bother with it.

What Girls Said 43

• How old is she?

Mmm with Pinterest, I occasionally run into things and pin them...and I joke with my best friend about what she's wearing to my wedding if she doesn't fly right lol. And my friend comes to me and tells me "This is so perfect for when you finally get marriedto the right guy." and I usually agree with her.

Personally, I don't plan it though because, to me, planning a wedding should be shared with your partners personality as much as it is yours.

I also know things like...once I am engaged, I'll want AT LEAST a year to plan and save for it because I do want at least a moderately nice wedding and for it to be a memorable day for me.

Outside of that...I'm not incredibly invested in it.

• memorable for you or memorable for others? lol because the day you vow to love someone for the rest of your live would be memorable behind a hooters :P

• Are you planning on proposing the idea to a future mate? lol. Let me know how that goes. No...I don't really know how so, like I said, I don't put all that much thought into it...but it definitely won't be behind a Hooters if I have say in it...which I will...since it will be half my wedding. And I want it memorable and special for ME, it will afterall be the mark of vows to stick with one person for the rest of my life.

• I am one of those girls who has dreamed of being married and having a wonderful husband. I love to look at wedding rings and wonder which one I would like to wear, and the same with wedding dresses. I think about what sort of reception I would have and where I would have it that won't cost a fortune and the little things like what kind of wedding topper to sit on top of the cake, what songs I'd like to play for the couples song, etc. When I look at wedding photos, I like seeing a good idea and thinking that's what I want my photos to look like. However, I am 27 now, and realising that I may never get that opportunity to experience such a wonderful event in my life, so I'm choosing to buy a wedding dress and have some professional photos taken in it.

• I don't really want to get married, I've never really thought of it as something I'd, personally, do; but I've always thought about the dresses... That's the only detail I think I'd like to take care of myself if I were to get married. An ugly dress = ruined ceremony, in my opinion... And I hate fashion and clothing! ...

But wearing a pretty dress and, for once, be 100% sure that I'm very beautiful and that The One falls in love with me all over again, as he sometimes says he does, but even more deeper than those times, and having him smile down at me, with pride and joy of being mine and me being his... That's the only thing that I ever "planned" in an hypothetical marriage..

• when I was a child, my family made me attend several weddings. and I guess you could say that I'm a bit of a tomboy, so I hated going. so when I was little, I would always say stuff like, 'when I get married, it'll be short and sweet. I'm going to be hitched in a little church, and nobody is gonna know I'm married until I get back home to tell them.'

but now that I really think about it, I'm unsure about what I want my wedding to be like. I would be completely fine getting hitched without having my family there (I know that probably sounds bad, and I love my family, I just hate making such a big deal about stuff that it makes the entire family come together), and then again, I would be OK with going all out. not looking forward to all the complicated wedding decisions thow.

• I voted C. I do think about stuff that would be nice, but a day later it's out of my mind. It does make a difference (I think) if the girl is in a (serious) relationship or not.

I'm not in a relationship, so a wedding is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay far in the future, if there will be one, so it's not that big a deal now to me.

• Well, actually, I never considered it until recently. My current boyfriend actually asked me what my "dream" wedding would be like and I had to answer with, "I have no idea."

All I've thought about in regards to my wedding is that something in it has to be green :p

My boyfriend actually has more in mind for his wedding than I do.

• I haven't planned anything at all ! I know a few girls that already know the kind of ring they want [and honestly they are being delusional about it]. They even went as far as saying they wouldn't say yes it there wasn't a diamond on the ring, and so on... It's very funny when we share opinions about this, since I don't have that many expectations we have opposite points of view ^^'

Anyway, no, I'm not obsessed over my "hypothetical" wedding :)

I haven't thought about it, but I guess it'll come in time when I start dating someone and talking about staying our life together :)

I voted D !

• I've decided on a type of dress, pondered food and cake type, the songs, venue, time of year, and that's about it :3

I voted A but don't think I'm obsessed on it, because I only really think about it until after a wedding show has come on.

Like I really didn't care that much until Say yes to the Dress aired. By that time I was 13-14.

• I put C, although I won't start planning anything big until I'm engaged. I think planning a wedding is something both spouses should do together. Or, at least that's how I want it to be with my future husband. So far I've only thought about what my dress would look like (and I haven't even come to a conclusion yet, lol) and that I want the wedding to be small and as inexpensive and cozy as possible.

• All I really know is that I want my colors to be red, white, and whatever my future spouse's favorite color is, provided that it's not purple.

However, I do watch shows like Say Yes to the Dress and My Fair Wedding by David Tutera. I don't want to go on either of these shows but they are good information to stockpile when I start actually planning my wedding one day. Plus, they're kind of fun to watch.

• When I hear a really pretty love song, sometimes I think that its one Id want played at my wedding. I know id want it to be small. And that if it falls on a good day, then Id want the wedding to be on the date we got together. But that's it. I know I won't be getting engaged or married anytime soon, so I don't want to get caught up in the fantasizing and be disappointed if things don't work out. So for now I'm just focused on building a strong relationship. One step at a time.

• I like looking at dresses and watching wedding shows. Do I really plan my wedding? No. I have no clue what venue, the colors, or the theme really. All I know is that I want to look ethereal. I like looking at dress because it's like extravagant window shopping.

I'd like whoever I'd be engaged to would put his two cents in because I don't want to be bridezilla and I'm pretty passive.

• Even as a kid I wasn't planing it haha. I mean I know what dress I would like and that's it. Oh and my flowers to be peonies since they're my favorite flower :) Other than that I don't have a scrapbook filled with ideas :P

• I don't think about that at all. I'm usually trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get a boyfriend.

• I do have a file on my computer labeled "wedding" that I put any random pics of pretty wedding dresses, cakes and ideas I find while surfing the net.

But It's not something I think about on a daily basis...,the crazy thing is I'm not even sure I want a wedding...part of me would rather just elope and avoid the expense and hassle.

i guess it's just fun to day dreaming sometimes...

• There are a few specifics I've thought about and would like to show up in my wedding, such as the first song I dance to with my husband and the colors the wedding party might wear. That's about it, though.

• I thought about it, but I don't thought about anything in detail yet. I just have a general idea of what I want it to be like.

Like I want it to be in fall or winter, possibly outside and I won't wear a strapless dress

• I don't believe in marriage. If you love someone why do you need a piece of paper acknowledging it? But if someone I love would wan't to marry then I would do so since it would make them happy.

• I tend to think of my wedding when I go to one. Usually I just note the things that I liked and the ones I have to avoid when I'm preparing mine.

• C. I always said I didn't want a wedding, but I'm starting to think I would love to have a wedding with a nice dress and all jazzy stuff.

All I care about is that in the end the guy and I are in a stable, committed relationship...but it's (the wedding) something I'm wishy washy about

• I meant to vote for D voted C by mistake both are okay though. I've personally not been thinking too ahead I just like to focus on the present. I don't even know if I'll ever get married I don't want to get caught up thinking about a dream wedding. A bizarre thing is I have thought about an ideal honeymoon location but not the actual wedding.

• I'm not even close to getting married.. and I definitely can't see any details about my wedding. I just imagine myself looking beautiful and happy and looking forward to the future.

• No we are not that badly off. If it's meant to be it'll happen. Planning early won't speed up the process.

• youre a guy? if I like a guy and don't wannatell him I jokeabout a wedding with a black dress lol I don't think much about it though eyond oh that's a good song I want it played at my wedding but my friends psycho about hers. when I was little I usedto play dress up with a white gown and "marry" my nieghbor lol

• I don't to be honest I really don't have a desire to get married or have kids .

If it happens it happens if it doesn't I don't really care either way .

I don't want to be tired down to be honest .

• I have thought about my dress and I know I'm having an open bar but that's about it. This only happens when I watch TLC and it's bride day and there are like 5 bride shows back-to-back. But other than that no.

• C for me.

-love Sosa

• i haven't planned my wedding at all...why plan something that may never happen? I'll wait til I'm engaged before I plan a wedding.

• oh come on! Be optimistic! you 'll be able to find a sucker. We are coming out of the woodwork lol

• not getting married isn't a bad thing. It's just life that some of us won't.

• I understand your thinking. But you gotta remember that there are rarely people out there who want to get married and never do. Sure it takes some longer than others but almost never is someone left alone.

I agree it's not a bad thing, but I'm willing to bet that later on in your life you'll start becoming more and more interested in it and eventually find someone you can see yourself marrying.

• I'm not obsessed with planning my future wedding, but I have an idea on some things I will want. It's not like I planned out every single detail. The only ideas I have are the color scheme and location that is it.

• Never, that is never on my mind, maybe because I don't want to get married lol

• You wanna get married and you know it :p

• once you get in your late thirties you'll start lookin for a guy. It just always happens :)

• Not with me I'll always be forever young, psssssshhh never reashing 30s ^_^

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 4

• Before me it's 19 female ├ánswers and 0 guys lol retry weird even for questions addressed to girls

My only thought about my future wedding is that an open bar must be there. And that applies to any wedding. Any person that doesn't do an open Bharat their ending doesn't care about their friends

• "A girl I know is trying to convince me that "95% of girls plan their wedding ahead of time", meaning before they're even engaged."

Lmao engaged? They start doing it before they even like a boy. Most do this though. That is true. the sad thing is the detail they put in the wedding they don't put in the marriage. Insert generic perfect man her and the rest will work out fine. But there had better not be a floral arrangement out of place...

• lol while they are busy planning a wedding I'm busy planning what kinda car I wanna get next. we are so different.

• I've seen tons of girls on Pinterest planning their weddings, and a lot are either single or only in a relationship and not engaged. Whatever guy they end up with, he's going to be blind sided by it I can tell.