Girlfriend talking marriage after 8 months, take her seriously?

We have been a couple for 8 months. Now she is mentioning marriage a lot. Saying things " when we get married..." naming kids, type of house she would like us to live in, all that stuff. She is an amazing girlfriend and I love her a lot and can definitely see myself marrying her someday. What do you think? Do you think she is just very in love with me, which she is, and it is making her say these things, or do you think that 8 months is too soon for her to be so sure that I am the one she is going to marry? A couple of important things is that she is just 19 and I am her first ever boyfriend. Also, her parents mention marriage to us also and want us to get married. What do you think? Is it possible she can change her mind? I'm 25.

Most Helpful Girl

• my uncle proposed to my aunt after 2 months & they've been happily married since for over 30 years.

for one thing its just nice to imagine your future with the person you're with because you like them so much & can't see why you'd ever break up but as to how serious she is, I can't say...

also when talking about the future you may learn that your partner has different ideas about kids, parenting, marriage, etc so its good to talk about it because you may discover that your partner really isn't someone you match up well with.

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend "proposed" two days after I agreed to date him. I actually have a ring on my finger, and I believe that's what will happen.

About your girlfriend, I think she finds you special and what's to be more than your girlfriend, but don't be scared, she won't mention marriage FOR REAL for the time being. Relax :)

• Just be careful. A lot of girls around that age are more in love with the fact of getting married and having kids rather than who it is with. She probably does want to get married but just make sure its because of you and not for the idea of getting married. Give it time. 19 is very young and she is just starting to figure out what life is like and what she really wants. Don't rush it.

• is she serious when she says it or more so talking about it like a joke? me and my boyfriend sometimes makes jokes about have kids even though neither of us want kids or want to get married it's just a cute thought.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a little fast, IMO. To each their own though. If you think she's responsible enough and feel the same way, go for it.

• Hell no! I wouldn't marry any girl under the age of 25 without a few years of dating first. She's still emotionally maturing and still has a lot left to do in life. There are plenty of milestones she still has to hit before marriage.

Say you aren't ready yet and that you want to wait and see where the relationship goes.