Is marriage desirable for you?

Is marriage desirable for you? Explain your opinion.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is the most beautiful and fulfilling relationship if the couple is really compatibe,passionate,committed and happy together,like you and your wife,right?Haha.

There's a part in a Chinese song about marriage which directly translated into English means''The most romantic thing that I want to do with you is to grow old slowly together with you.''

People may laugh at me but I really love this song because less and less couples nowadays can grow old together,especially in the western countries.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm on the fence. I don't think I'd need the legal commitment to be happy with someone, but there are other benefits that come with it. My cousin and her boyfriend have a house together, have been in a relationship for 10 years and still aren't married. They're happy that way, so I think it's fine.

• I almost forgot to add - the divorce rate is so high... if I'm not married and the relationship goes sour, I can leave more easily.

• No because it means very little to me. I don't need or want it. It may mean security and a sign of commitment to others and to them I say best of luck but I'm with the man I want to be with and I don't need a wedding to prove anything. We're happy, it works, each to their own.

• I believe Marriage is like a 'Promise' that one must try to keep for life. So anyone who is good at keeping promises would love it,some people try otherwise.

• Yes. To me it's the ultimate relationship

• Nope, to me marriage is just another way to tie someone down to prevent them from leaving you. Divorce takes a lot of time and money and some people will rather grin and bear a bad relationship then go through with that. If you aren't married then breaking up is easy.. just leave.

The only exception that I can think of to this is people who get married for religious reasons/personal beliefs

The thing that I don't like about American society is that married people get a lot more benefits than those who aren't married. With that being said those are the only reasons why I would consider getting married.

What Guys Said 5

• Of course, its the only way. I consider that will be a lifelong commitment

• It is for me. I would like to have that lifelong commitment, love, and support.

• I could not imagine not being married to my wonderful wife

• Yes, I love it.

• It's honestly the only thing in the world that I want. I just unfortunately never seeing it happening due to how people are today and their attitudes about what they are "worth" and "deserve" in a partner. Plus the divorce rate is 50% and I just don't know if I want to take the emotional risk.