Are there any guys who still believe in marriage? Why?

In this day and age of shallow, non-committed relationships, is there still a breed of guys who see the value and beauty of marriage? What are the reasons that make marriage still important to these guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm married for now going on 27 years. Am I totally satisfied in my marriage? NO. Do I love my wife? Yes, but I feel I'm falling out of love. There seems to be a point that someone in a marriage don't see the importance of sex and looses "The Passion" that was once there. I have been recently accused of having an "Emotional Affair" with another lady. By definition of emotional affair, I'm guilty. I have abstained from committing adultery because of being married. I feel marriage is a commitment between you, God, and your spouse. This commitment is not something I want to fail at on my part. I realize that I am skating on a slippery slope by being in this very limited relationship with this other lady. My marriage does in fact hinder this relationship. However, there are bounds I have set in my own mind, that I do NOT intend on crossing. It is sort of depressing at this point. I guess that I'll likely continue being "The Provider" for my wife and college age children. All the while, realizing that there is so much more to be had.

What Guys Said 9

• I still believe in marriage, even though I am not religious at all...I see it as a way to create that lifelong bond with the one you love.

I have been used, taken advantage of, and disrespected more times than I could even remember...but I know in the back of my head that if I am able to stay honest and loyal there has to be a woman out there that is the same way, and when I find her I will hopefully be able to share the rest of my life with her.

Honestly, I don't know much about marriage and what makes it important to me. All I know is that one day I want to be able to tell the woman of my dreams that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, and what better way to do it than marriage. I am a believer in marriage and that it can and does work and hopefully I will be able to prove it to myself and be an example for others.

• Yes, there are plenty of guys like that. If you can't find them, you're not looking for them in the right places or just can't spot them. I am somewhat old fashioned when it comes to certain things. I believe in marriage, and I will not ask the girl to marry me until I ask her parents beforehand.

• getting married is simply the shallow selfish desire's of a woman who can't or won't be aware of the risks involved to men with getting married, if you love your man you won't marry him because it will be important for you to know that he has some security in your relationship.

you can have a fulfilling long term committed relationship without being married!

• Some people still believe in marriage and god and the believe one man and one woman will fall in love for ever we all know that's not true most people get married in hopes it will keep them together.

I think that if it is true love it will work out married or not

• Shallow and non-committed? Not right - your relationship won't magically become better only because of marriage - many people marry just for money, for power but not for love.

"The value and beauty" of marriage might be the right description from your position, but from our position marriage is like walking on a thin wire over a pool of lava - if something goes wrong you're totally screwed - you don't lose just your wife & kids - you also lose your possessions - and a LOT of them.. and hey - it's not over - you'll STILL have to pay for child care while the bitch already is screwing with someone else - could marriage conditions get any worse for a man today?

• I don't see what's shallow in a solid relationship without getting married.

One non-married guy can be faithful and loving with his SO, and one married guy will multiply adventures left and right.

The main problem with marriage these days is divorce. Divorce rates are incredibly high, and most of the times, the guy will have to pay a pension that will make his life a complete misery. If I knew my relationship was a forever thing, I would be married already. But these days, it's not like that anymore, sadly.

• I believe in Marriage. Though I wouldn't call all other relationships shallow and uncommitted.

• sure there are, just not me

• the concept of marriage is fine, the reality of divorce is really bad. Divorce is like legal rape for a guy, the only difference is that he'll be raped everyday for years and years. Never again, thank you.

What Girls Said 1

• i hope so because I want to get married. I was raised with a religious background that values marriage and I am not such a religious individual but I want to get married. so therefore I will not go too far astray from my culture. I also want my kids to have married parents.