Question about taking the guy's name after marriage?

Guys: Do you want the girl to take your last name when you get married or do you not care?

Girls: Do you want to take the guy's name, keep your own name, or hyphenate?

Most Helpful Guy

• I truly don't care. It's just a name.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel as though the girl should take my name

• This is so fucking weird.

What Girls Said 5

• I would take his name :)

I used to not really understand why people double barrelled their name, but someone I work with got married and her partner's name was "Leaks"

She didn't want to become *name* leaks, she thought it was asking for trouble :P So she kept her maiden name and added his at the end to soften the blow.

• it's stupid, but it really depends on how the name sounds with my first name. I happen to like my last name and I would really like to take my future husband's surname but if it doesn't sound right then when I get my nameplate, that won't be what I'll be ordering on it

i'll probably do it though, I believe in taking your husband's name

• WELL, depends if the last name goes with my first name ha ha :) If it "sounds" OK then yeah but if not I'll hyphenate :P

• I took my husbands name. I thought it was the right step for me, and us as a married couple.

• I'm keeping my last name