Guys, will you move your timeline for marriage and kids earlier for someone you love?

I am 35 year old woman dating a 27 year old guy. I look young and my boyfriend always thinks I am sexy and pretty. No one can tell our age gap. He has always planned on getting married at 32 until he establishes his career and has enough money. I can't wait any longer to have kids. I don't want to force him to marriage if he is not ready but guys, if you love her, will you drop your plans and have kids earlier?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. Perfectly understandable that you want to make a move considering your age - it all depends on how big of a compromise he would have to make.

IMO opinion , though, being in a committed relationship involves considering your joint circumstances rather than just individually. You may be thinking about your biological clock, but you have to remember that the time constraint affects him as well. If he really wants children with YOU "someday" then he has to consider that there is a very real risk in putting it off too long.

My final word on this is not to let your desire for children dictate the direction of your relationships, however. If he wants children with you and is committed then I would imagine your best bet would be to stay together and discuss timescales jointly. If he isn't committed then its better to get it out in the open. It's a question of commitment , not parenthood I believe.

What Guys Said 5

• That is going to be hard.

If you are a boss, or own your own company and if you can offer your boyfriend a position, job, or career that is something better; then he will take it.

Patience is a virtue.

• no I wouldnt, love is not enough for me I need love + other things for me to offer commitment like that.

• I sort of did, though we were both younger at the time.

I wouldn't -recommend- it to a young man, but if he's in love and she's amazing, well life's not perfect.

• No, I wouldn't.

No matter how much I want them, if I can't afford children it's utterly irresponsible to bring them into a life of poverty. I'll wait the 4 years, get the money together and my career where it needs to be, and give my offspring the BEST possible start in life.

That's the only sensible option as far as I'm concerned.

• I would certainly consider a compromise if it was what she wanted, because obviously, women don't get to leave it as long as us men can on deciding a family or not, so he needs to realize that you biological clock is always ticking, but if he cares for you he should at least consider the options,x good luck,x

What Girls Said 1

• My guy is also younger to me , am having the same prob ...