Inviting my ex to my wedding...good or bad idea?

So I just wanted to get some opinions before I do this.

My ex and I have been over and done for the last 5 years. We have two children together and still keep in contact because of them. There is no drama or hatred between us. When I go get the kids or he picks them up we talk and hang like friends. He is also very cool with my fiance. Like I said no bad feelings. I met him when I was young and as I grew up I realized that we were just not meant to be together.

Now I'm thinking of inviting him to my wedding. Is this a bad idea?

Like I said we are all cool. No ill feelings between any of the adults involved. I knew if I asked him he would say yes he would come simply because I asked. But my sister thinks it might be a bit over the top to watch me marry someone else. Even if he had no feelings towards me now. We were together for like eight years.

If the situations were reversed I would definitely go to his wedding. and be happy that he found someone. I didn't think it was a big deal until my sister brought it up.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt he will go but I think he'll appreciate the fact that you invited him.

What Guys Said 3

• what about your future husband? how excited is he about this idea?

• Hubby is cool with it.

• If he is still a good friend, yes invite.

• I would never go.

What Girls Said 1

• That's so awesome that you are all civil with each other! :) I would say talk to your finance first of all and if he is genuinly fine with it then yeah I would say invite him.. But what do I know? Haha