Hey, what are the benefits of marriage?

Sorry for "hey" title too short and need more characters

I mean ALL benefits, emotional, financial, physical blahblahblah

Most Helpful Guy

• If you marry right, a person that is your best friend, a good stable and secure relationship, tax benefits, someone you can rely on, a person you can confide in, the option to have kids and raise them in a good home, good regular sex, a strong bind with the person you love, someone to help split the load and responsibilities with, be they financial physical or something else. And unlike some of the more pessimistic answers on here I believe that it can last with the right person and if you can truly commit yourself and be faithful. :D

What Guys Said 3

• You loose or gain 50% of everything, when it ends in divorce!

• Great regular sex, stability, partnership, commitment, kids who will grow up in a stable family. That last one is one of, if not the most important one IMO.

• You can have all of that without marriage.

• My parents have never been married, some of their befriended couples neither...they all have been happily together for decades. Lottery? Sir, you are an ignorant.

• I didn't say it was impossible, just far less likely.

Ignorant? Far from it. VERY far.

• knowing the true meaning of love in logical and intuitive reasons.

What Girls Said 7

• Companionship, security (be it emotional or financial wise), stability, ideal family environment for the kids, emotional comfort in knowing this person chose to be married to you and won't go running out the door after a tiny little argument, confidence in knowing your partner wants to be with you for the rest of their life, more commitment and lastly more motivation to make it work.

• I don't know what the benefits really are, but I think sometimes when you really love someone, you just want to marry them haha.

• Well should they die their stuff is yours automatically. Having a say if they are in the hospital and need treatment. Receiving any monies they are entitled to should they pass. Combining of incomes without worry of retribution. Knowing that they can't just pick up and leave if they get pissed off. A stronger commitment than just shacking up. Depending where you live owning half of everything they do.

• In theory it provides the best atmosphere for raising children. The nuclear family model.

Provides tax benefits. That's pretty much it

• tax benefits and if you have abandonment issues you have a false sense of security (false because divorce is so common)

• Reading the asnwers on here, it seems to me that people mistake marriage for partnership/relationship in general.

• For women, the only benefit is what you could potentially get from the divorce. Women's happiness goes down on average after marriage, while men's happiness levels go up. Got this from a study in my soc class

• Because modern day women are expected to do the majority of childcare and household chores AND work full time. So essentially today's women are doing twice as much work as women in say, the fifties. Men, on the other hand are either doing the same amount or just marginally more work, almost no housework