I'm meeting up with my ex-fiance for the first time since he called off the wedding 4 months ago. Help!

My Ex-Fiance called off the wedding 9 weeks before our wedding date.

It was a clash of a thousand different problems and family's way to involved in the situation. I don't want to get back together with him, I'll say that straight up.

We are meeting up to just talk through a few things so that we can both get a bit of closure...or at least understand what went wrong.

My Ex regretted calling off the wedding. I know that much. It was a heat of the moment thing (cold feet, pressure at work ect.) that went to far.

So what I need advice on. Do you even think that meeting up is a smart idea? I've made my peace with not really knowing what happened, or why he called of the wedding. I don't think that I can actually learn anything of value from this meeting.

So...do I go and see what he has to say...or not?

We met up. Wow, what a nightmare.

Biggest jerk ever. I don't know how I almost ended up marrying him. I am so glad that I saw him and talked to him. Its good to know that I really had moved on. I'd say that I wish him all the best in life...but that is a lie! lol.

He asked where we went from our meeting - see as we live on the same side of town. I told him straight out...nothing! I said "I've spent the last 4 months building a life without you in it. You don't fit back in."

Go me XD

Most Helpful Guy

• Its on you, if you made your closure and your decision is set in stone, than you have nothing to worry about.

Some Closures can open up New Paths, Just remember your main reason if you show up. Stay Strong and Positive.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm glad you found your answer. Sounds like it was a waste of Time, an at least now your know right. lol. YaY! for you.

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't feel you need closure, then why did you agree to meet up with him? More than likely you still have feelings for him, who wouldn't if you've been together for a considerable amount of time? I think you going to see him is your subconscious praying that he would give you a reason to get back together with him. You just need to get ready for that, because you may not think so now, but you want to see him again. You miss him. Only you can decide what's best for you. If you really don't want to get back together with him, don't meet up with him. It's only giving him false hope that the chance of you getting back together is there.

• No, I do not think that meeting up is a smart idea. Your ex-fiance sounds like a jerk. It sounds like this meeting is more about him resolving any possible guilt he may feel about being an ass and calling off your wedding. I wouldn't meet up with him if I were you. I'd just move on with my life instead of bringing up history that will most likely potentially make you feel bad.

• I think you should. You even said so yourself that you both can get closure from this. I think you both will feel better knowing what went wrong.

• You don't NEED to go to meet him up. You WANT to. if wanted to say sorry he can say it over the phone and clear things out. Meeting I think I duno personally, it'll just bring back a lot of memories ..its up to you if you want that.