Do guys who have silver wedding rings have cheap rings?

Since silver is way cheaper then gold.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think diamonds go better with silver. I need to remember to drop that hint to my boyfriend sometime hahaha... I prefere silver over gold. I think its a style thing. but if a guy has a lot of money and he thinks that's why a girl is with him, I could see how he would want to go with gold. he could also just think that she "deserves the best". but its crap. a girl isn't going to leave you for the type of metal (or stone) on the ring you give her. and they aren't cheap. silver costs good money. maybe less than a really "nice" car or something, but it certainly isn't cheap

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on what you mean by cheap. Yes silver is typically less expensive than gold. But some people prefer the look of silver to gold.

I think it really depends on the person. Silver is a beautiful material for making jewellery. But I heard that it's not as good as gold, because gold is stronger. However, it all depends on the person. I have a lot of silver jewellery and it seems to be holding up just fine :)

• Is it silver or platinum cause platinum is more expensive than gold.

• You can't go by that . Because I like expensive jewelry . But I actually prefer silver over gold. It looks better to me.

What Guys Said 3

• How do you know it's not a platnium wedding band?

I've honestly have not seen a gold wedding ring in the past 5 years of about a dozen weddings I've been to.

If anything, gold rings/watches look cheap/cheesy now.

• You can't really say that.

Some gold rings are actually painted with a "gold" color so there's no actual gold content.

Perhaps, the silver wedding ring is made of pure silver without any mix, so it can be more expensive than those gold rings.

• The price of silver is a small fraction of gold...

• High quality silver is worth more than low carat gold. Besides, plenty of men's rings are made of titanium or platinum.