Would you have kids outside of marriage?

Would you have children/kids/a kid outside of marriage? Is it a life goal of yours or a preference, rather?

I realize I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to bring a child or children into this world under those conditions and I wouldn't want to be another statistic, race wise lmao . Plus, I want a traditional family. I'll have as many kids as the guy wants, as long as it's within reason

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with "justme20". I don't even really want to get married. I definitely want to have kids though. Just because two people aren't legally married doesn't mean that a child can't be happy and live in a stable home. I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years and if we did have children we'd stay together through thick and thin whether a piece of paper said that we had to or not.

As far as a "traditional" family I personally think that's BS. Most people in marriages either end up getting divorced or hating each other and dealing with it. I think that it would be wrong to put my kids through THAT.

What Guys Said 6

• Well if either me or the girl didn't want to get married ever and chose to have kids that's fine. If we decided that marriage was something we wanted then we chose to have kids that's fine too. I think it depends on what the two people decide on. As long as they're dedicated and in a stable relationship that's healthy for children that's fine with me.

• Yeah, but if I were to have kids I'd want to know I'd be able to spend the rest of my life with them, now that doesn't mean after marriage but it probably will be

• No. For me it's either wife and kids, or no wife and no kids.

• Eh...Sort of. I wouldn't mind spending my life with a woman without being married, just being together. In that case I would love to have kids. Outside of a long lasting relationship I wouldn't.

• nope. I don't want kids.

• No. It's not fair to the kids and choosing to do so is a selfish decision.

• What difference does it make if a couple is devouted to each other, within or outside of marriage?

Please, enlighten me.

• None. But statistically speaking, the kids of unmarried parents are far more likely to end up being raised by a single parent, and there are serious consequences to that.

What Girls Said 10

• No, it's surely not a goal of mine.

If it happened and I kept the child then oh well guess the statistic will stick.

it's just a 'cross that bridge when I get to it situation but I would try to avoid that bridge.

• I might adopt if I was single and rich and over 45. But only in that case, because I love kids, and I want to help out by adopting. Only if I could easily have enough money to take care of the kid though. But I don't see that happening because I'll probably get married haha

• unless they were adopted, no. Even then probably not.

• No, absolutely not. I wouldn't want to bring kids up in a family with no solidarity.

• I would. Just because you have a paper that says you are married doesn't mean the relationship is a happy one one, the child is happy and its a good family environment. society puts such an emphasis on this but to me it means nothing. I would 100% have a child outside of getting married. My child can be happy, and healthy and still have a family without their parents being married

• I was married - and the marriage itself is no guaranty that it will last forever and for always like he promised me. I'd like to have kids but marriage is no longer a priority.

• nope.. I just prefer the traditional route

• If it happens, it happens though it certainly wouldn't be the ideal situation. I'd much rather have a stable marriage and my life put together first but sometimes accidents happen.

• Nope. I'm not even having sex until marriage so its not even a possibility (unless I'm raped).

• I don't even want children if I AM married, haha!

Of course, there is a possibility that I'll change my mind on that once I fall in love, but I honestly doubt it.

So no, I don't want to have kids outside marriage, haha!