Any girls out there still waiting for marriage?

I really want to but it seems most girls now a days sleep around and hook up. It has me a little discouraged that I am living in the wrong age now that so few share my values.

I just think a relationship should be about SO much more than sex. The fact it is missing while you are dating someone shouldn't factor into how much you like them, at least that is the way I see it.

Most Helpful Girl

• i feel like you make sex into a much bigger deal in the relationship by placing so much importance on virginity and waiting.

like people looking for virgins say it's about having a deeper relationship than just sex, but then why is it the sexual past of your partner such a big deal to you? you might walk past your soul mate because you were more concerned in finding a girl who'd wait for her wedding night than a girl who is actually the most compatible for you.

personally I don't see why the number pertaining to someones sexual past should be very important, that's not a moral issue to me, I care that they were honest and didn't cheat, and used protection, those things tell me about a persons character, the mere number of people they've slept with is completely irrelevant to me.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm 25 and I'm still waiting! And I'm hoping my future husband has saved himself for me as well...although I think virgin guys are more rarer than virgin girls!

• yea I am 20 and a virgin and I too hope my future husband is a virgin I really think Rarely any man is a virgin nowdays.I have never met any guy who's a virgin really

• Yes I'm waiting until marriage. In fact, I'm planning on getting a purity ring for my birthday this year!

• me! I would really like to loose my virginity to my future husband .I am saving myself for someone who would deserve my virginity.Someone I can spend the rest of my life with.Someone who would not just f*** and then leave but someone who would respect my decision and will be patient is really a man who would deserve my v card! I know not many girls think the way I do but I really plan to stay a virgin until marriage.I don't want to be just used like a sex toy.My decision is mine and I am happy with it :)

• I'm waiting.

• Any girls out there still waiting for marriage?

Yes just not me. I'm waiting for commonplace male sex bots as I see having sex with a d*ck as sh*t.

• I am 22 and still a virgin by choice and waiting for marriage. I am a Christian. People say I look like a victoria secret model and I had no problem getting guys. I've dated guys and I had boyfriends (and all of them were't a virgin) so it was really hard but I don't regret one bit! :)

• Sure why not? I't would be more special. Too many guys today have s.e.x on their mind on I just don't wanna be someones quickie. That's not to say if I fall in love with a boy and I feel I trust him, I won't "give up the goods" So overall waiting is a preferred option.

• I am! lol

• Very sweet of you! Just be prepared for most guys to pressure you. Stay strong to your beliefs/values. God bless.

• I'm still waiting for marriage. I don't think of my virginity as some prized thing though. Even though I'm a pretty sexual person, I just don't think I'm mentally ready for something like that.

• I don't get why a girl's virginity is more important than a guy's virginity. Girls like sex as much as guys do. But there are people out there with the same values as you have I am sure.

• Slept with one guy who I was engaged too. Although I do wish I had waited until actual marriage. I value being in love and think that when you have sex in the kind of way where you value each other and care about what it means it's so much better.

• Yeah, I agree.I donĀ“t want to be with somebody just for the sake of it. I want to be with somebody I really appreciate. A friend of mine "falls in love" every two months with different guys. I have been hooked on a guy fro four years (nothing has happened but we both like each other) because I think he is so totally worth it. I want everything, not just sex.

• i save the first time sex for my wedding night. for me, having sex with a man means giving myself entirely to him, not only physically but also emotionally and spiritually. waiting until the marriage is the safest way to ensure that a man is committed to me before I allow myself to be completely attached to him.

• I totally agree with this... except the commitment part. If I trust a man enough to have sex, I don't need a ring or a piece of paper to tell me that. I don't need him to swear before God and everyone else that he won't leave me in order to trust him. I won't marry a man that I don't completely trust already.

• I'm waiting for sure

• I was waiting till marriage but sometimes things changed. My SO is someone I love and will probably end up marrying. He has a physical condition so by the time we're married he probably won't be able to do that at all. I love him to death and we are in a long term relationship. We spoke about doing it for nearly half a year before we decided to. We both actually wanted to wait till marriage. We did it a few times then stopped, and are waiting till marriage to continue doing it. Its something that, if you love them, does bring you closer. I know I'm not a virgin at marriage, but I'm happy to have him be the first time and he'll most likely be my last. :)

• I'm 20 and I'm waiting for marriage. I agree with you, relationships shouldn't be about sex. There's so much else to learn about each other with your clothes on. And I have too much respect for myself to just give that away to any guy. It's a shame how many girls just do it because they feel pressured whether it's because their friends aren't virgins or because a guy is making them feel like it's something that has to be present in a relationship.

It's possible to have great relationships minus that kind of physical relationship until you're married. And you don't have to worry about the emotional attachment that comes along with it. I've seen it in my friends. They get so attached and put themselves through stress they could have avoided if they'd just waited. I want to have a relationship that's about more than physical stuff. Waiting shows respect and keeps a relationship strong.

• Nope

• I'm not!

• yes there are some of us girls out there that are still waiting for marriage. I've made the choice to wait. But it's also harder to find guys that are saving themselves, so I know how you feel.

What Guys Said 2

• If it encourages you, there are plenty of guys out there who are hoping to wait until marriage also. It's just a matter of you finding each other. And they guys who are waiting until marriage are seeing lots of girls sleeping around and feel discouraged that there won't be any girls left who are waiting.

• I hope so I'm waiting till marriage.

• I've never met a virgin guy in person (except my brother)! It's good to hear there's still a guy like you :)