What do you gift to Newly Weds?

What do newly wedded people want/need?

My sister is getting married in about 6 months from now.

This is her first time getting married, and I'm her maid of honor...

What would be a good gift to give them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Two suggestions:

A set of those folding wooden TV tray tables on the stand. You can use those tables for so many things and they end up being very helpful around the house.

My personal favorite is the waffle maker. Who doesn't like home made waffles; and when would you buy one of those things for yourself.

What Guys Said 8

• Assuming (because of your age) she has been on her own & probably has the essentials, knowing her as you would a sister, something that she wanted but didn't want to spend or wouldn't normally spend the money on.

Those Kureg one cup coffee makers link so he can have his favorite & she hers.

What doesn't she have that 2 can use? A grill? A painting? Dishes, with a pattern of her favorite thing. Something for the house they can both enjoy.

• I'm sorry, but how old is your sister? I'm very curious you being over 45 years.

So you being maid of honor means that your not married yet?

Well anyways an envelope is always welcome, try to give her something personal, like family jewelry which has been passed from past generations.

If you don't have something like this, then try to find a gold or jewelry smith and design something which will be totally unique to her, like a favorite object or subject.

• Cash. They need cash to start up their married life.

• Dishes, television, something the need I guess

• lol oh! Her Fiance told me to get them a flat screen just a few hours ago... I took it as a joke xD

He might have been serious.

• I'm serious they will likely use it.

• Something practical that they would need, for example if they're moving into a house get them a sofa or something.

• A sofa? Really? What if they don't like it? it's not their style, it's too big, or too small, Or it doesn't match their other stuff?

Unless I plan to buy their entire living room, I think a sofa is not a great idea.. but, thank you! :]

• That's just an example, just ask them and see what they need.

• I generally give newly weds just a card and a gift voucher at Wal-Mart or one of the major department stores or mall. The value depends on how close I am to them.

• log on...

• i'm here!

• I did that already like 5 million times. I fund another page where it allows you to log into meebo.. but apparently it says that account does not exist.. which is why I'm asking.. isn't it the same information to log into GaG?

• i think so... have you tried restarting your browser?

• ussually a household item and since your the maid of honor and her sister I'd go for something big depending on your financial situation.

What Girls Said 4