Is it weird for a guy to be anxious for marriage?

I mean, I'm no scrub but I can't help but to think about marriage one day. Maybe its because I've never had a family kind of aspect in my life and I guess its me wanting to prove myself that I can do it? I don't know why but lately when I meet a girl and start to get to know her my automatic thought is...Could I marry this girl, would she make a good mother? Is this weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not weird at all. It's quite normal for a guy to think about that when he initially meets a girl, especially if someday he would like to get married.

It's usually best to get to know someone before you marry them, sometimes that means getting to know them as a friend first, then moving into a relationship and then the marriage part.

I don't think you should feel that your feelings are weird. Because I can guarantee you that they are not :) Especially when a guy gets a little older, mid-twenties and on, it becomes more and more common.

When I was about 18, I started thinking about marriage. Not that I wanted to get married at that moment, but I knew that if I wanted a successful marriage I needed a good foundation. So whenever I met a guy, I would assess his qualities based on what would be best if we were thinking long-term.

I've never been one to just date a guy for a short period of time and then move on. So I would try to pick guys who had good qualities.

Everyone gets to that point eventually if marriage is what they want. Plus everyone gets to this point at different ages, so don't feel bad if your friends aren't at that stage yet!

• Thanks for BA! I hope it helps!

• Thanks! I know how you feel, my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me last night :( But hopefully you won't have to go through what I went through!

• Ahh. man that sucks.. you seem a like a cool chick well if you ever need a friend to talk to I'm available(I'm trying to get more friends of the opposite sex) and yeah me too!

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it is. I do the same thing with guys. If marriage and children is what you want, there is little point in dating someone you can't have that with

• I don't think it is weird, good going.

• I never thought about marriage til I was 18 (not that I never thought I'd get married its just nothing I cared about, it will happen when/if it happens.. I never fantasized about it like most girls do) I was dating this guy and things were going great we were soul mates and just clicked so well, once again I never thought about the future or marriage with him, until our mutual friend told me how much he liked and that she thinks we will get married... I don't know I just lit up, I was so shocked anyone could see me that way... as much as I thought it wasn't for me or not a big deal, I will never forget that moment... and that's when I really started to imagine it and from then on (other events happened too) I started to mold my life to prepare for something like that, if he did happen to ask me I would want to be ready. Another time that matured me a lot was when we had sex with out any protection and I spent days and days waiting for my period to come and thinking I may be pregnant... That made me want to get my life together so if that happened I would be ready...anyways I think you just need to go through experiences like this to know if its something you want and if you do then prepare for it.

• I thought you meant anxious like you are not ready... but you meant you can't wait... oh well :X

• Haha its cool no worries great answer.. I'm waiting till marriage to have sex so that part may be out of the question lol. But def. the experience part and finding that person.. ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Not weird at all. The only ones who make it weird are the ones asking girls to shop for a wedding ring with them after the first date.

• no. I don't think it's weird that every lady you meet you first consider if she's marriage worthy after getting to know her. Personally, I feel that's how it should be done. If you're not thinking like that, then it would seem like you'd be in the relationship for that reason only, just to be in one.

There's a huge difference between saying "could I see myself marrying this girl" and actually being ready for it.

• That's just a normal thing ,and it's not weird.

Most guys want to settle their romantic lives, and settle with that one special girl forever.

• Woo! Man thanks it great to hear guy's say its not weird I was freaking out over here! hahaha. and Koldhearted I think I am ready to settle down I've had my fun I think its time for me to grow up and man up..#shrugshoulders

• Yeah but I wouldnt. I'd give anything to look like what you have.

• Dude its not what its all cracked up to be I play collegiate ball so I have to stay in shape sometimes I just wish I could pig out on a lot of crap!lol

• no that's not weird