Can we simply be loyal and not cheat?

My former girlfriend and I broke up some time ago. She went back home (Korea) for holidays last summer and while there, she started seeing her ex and they even made a 3-4 days trip together somewhere in Korea (I "discovered" this by chance thanks to some info I was able to gather and after the confrontation when she was obligated to confess). Okay, then last week a friend of mine and I went to a party and my buddy I started making out with this married girl in front of everybody there and just minutes after his girlfriend left the party. I was drunk and ended up hooking up with this engaged girl. Of course I know she was engaged but we all were pretty wasted. I am just wondering if human beings are simply not built to be loyal. Our ages range is between 26 to 34 (my ex being 26 and my buddy 34, I'm 30). What do you guys think about infidelity? I am not sure what opinion shall I stand for from now on.

My ex is 27, she just turned it some days before! I happened to forget it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• just give her love and hope she does the same.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes you can. If you truly love the person then it shouldn't be hard. I know his because I've been in a long distance relationship and did not cheat.

• Yup cheating is al choice and selfish if you don't love someone enough o stay faithful don't be in a relationship

• Biologically we are coded to be promiscuous, it's more so for men than women. Women get surges of oxytocin after sex that create bonding with the partner, while men get a decrease in it after sex.

I think people who are over 30 are a bit jaded, and basically having sex when the situation arises cos they just don't give a sh*t anymore. Teenagers have promiscuous sex for the experience, but I think older people just don't give a damn, and they are so jaded from life, they kinda don't give a sh*t anymore if someone is married or single or whatever, to just do it there right now. I personally see this with people. I personally don't want to go that route, I think it must feel awful after sex if it didn't mean anything. I've had things like that happen when I liked a friend but they werent into me, and I thought they were, and we had sex, and then, it was pretty awful or empty and I could stop it right there. it was awful.

• No we can't. I've dated cheaters.

What Guys Said 1

• Cheating is a choice.