Is marriage a scam for guys in this woman's world?

Yeah you heard me, we live in a woman's world where men are the first to get fired and last to get hired. Women are treated way better by both women and men. God forbid you want to divorce her, she get's the house and half of your hard earned money. There is no point in battling her in court for the custody of kids either.

Most Helpful Guy

• prenup

What Girls Said 8

• No because no one HAS to get married. Unless you are in an arranged marriage or sold off by your parents, marriage is an option. Meaning YOU CHOOSE a man or a woman, and YOU establish what that relationship will be like.

There are prenups and divorce contracts for a reason. If you're afraid of divorce and child custody, then don't have children, or adopt/foster, or get a surrogate. If gay men can adopt and foster then surely a single man can.

Also in a marriage everything is split equally, the both of you own the property and the money, unless determined otherwise via prenup or marital contract. The kids are also divided 50-50 unless domestic abuse/neglect is to be shown as evidence. Usually the parents decide who the children will live with before custody is assigned. less than 10% of custody cases are strictly determined by a judged.

But the main point is, is that marriage is a choice. No one needs to get married for any reason, other than they want to. You can have uncommitted sex, have children, have a house with a picket fence and a dog by doing it all by yourself. Man or Woman. Its only a trap if you set yourself up for it.

• So don't divorce her lol. Too many people these days don't take marriage seriously. I know that when I get married, divorce won't be an option unless he's abusive or if he's cheating (if my husband does cheat, I'll definitely try to work it out before I go to divorce. That's how seriously I take marriage).

• It's not if you find a good woman.

• lmao!

1) No one is forced into marriage (well, some are arranged, of course, but usually divorce isn't an option in those cases).

2) A marriage is a commitment made up of two people; BOTH are responsible for its outcome (though at times one is more so than the other)

3) If one makes the decision to marry another, it is his/her choice. They are an adult and should be ready to accept whatever consequences that entails.

• I think if you enter into a marriage thinking that, it's already doomed, haha!

I don't agree that it's a scam... but I do agree it CAN be. Anytime you involve people, it'll eventually become corrupt, that's the way it is unfortunately.

• Unfortunately, I think that marriage is a dying institution. I wish that weren't true, but given how easily most women put out and that the divorce rate is half the marriage rate, I would say wait until you are settled in your career first. Develop all other areas of your life and if marriage happens, great. If not, your life still fulfilled you in other ways. You didn't look back and say "oh sh*t where did time go" just because you didn't find that one person.

• Please explain to basically every other country other than the united states' population of women, who are beaten, raped, murdered, and treated like animals, how they are treated better than men.

• I'm not talking about other countries.

• Then maybe don't tell me, "we live in a woman's world" hmmm? Maybe specify the U.S. Because I promise you, being a woman sucks in almost every other country.

• it's a woman's world in the US, that's what I clearly meant

• Grow up.

• I am all grown up, that's why everything is becoming clearer

What Guys Said 5

• If a couple weds for the right reasons, then marriage is an institution. If one or both have a hidden agenda, then it's a scam. If one enters into marriage with an ulterior motive that the other knows about, then it too is a scam It has no bearing on the fact that separations and divorces tend to be biased in favor of women. That in itself is an entirely different issue.

There is a genuine purpose for marriage. When two people are so deeply in love that they see themselves staying with their partner, then by all means it can be a wonderful thing. The problem that seems to most commonly arise is that once the marriage has taken place, one or both members of the union tend to not try as hard to keep their partner happy. This will ultimately lead to one, or both feeling neglected and not as valued as they were when they were just dating.

As in dating, communication is key in marriage as well. Without it you cannot fully understand the feelings and emotions that your partner is going through. Commitment is also key. If one, or both stray, then it can definitely lead to doubts about the relationship and create trust issues, which in most cases is a major deal breaker. Compassion is essential. You can't just listen to your partner with a cold disposition, be compassionate with them in regard to their concerns. Another key element is compromise. Though in marriage you're technically a union of one legally, but realistically you're still two separate individuals, with different perspectives and interpretations of certain situations. Unwillingness to compromise will tend to lead to resentment. Continue is another thing to remember. Don't stop doing the things that you both enjoyed when you were dating. It's those things that you did for and with one another that led you both down the isle. If you stop doing those things then it's very easy that one will feel devalued, unimportant and for some it causes them to break the commitment, quite often before the divorce. Even those compliments that you both gave to one another can give a better reassurance that your partner is still loved and valued. If all those "C's" are implemented and followed on a daily basis, then there shouldn't even be a reason to head to divorce court.

But in the event that either a genuine marriage fails, if recommended counselling also fail, or the person with the hidden agenda attains their goals then divorce court will more than likely be the next stop. THIS IS WHERE MEN RESENT THEIR MARRIAGE THE MOST. Because even if both partners feel the differences are irreconcilable, they both are equally at fault (in the cases of true marriage) for the marriage failing the courts tend to side more with the women. It really puts a judge who wants to be fair and impartial in a difficult situation, because you can't cut a house or child in half and generally who ever gets the kids will get the house as well and even if both are fit parents, the guy most often will lose

• because he will also have to pay a considerable amount of his income in child support for a considerably less amount of time with his kids. Sometimes if the woman pushes for it she can even milk him for alimony. So the guy not only loses the most, but he's got the most to lose.

• Actually its the person with the less fortune that gets awarded the most in court, gender has nothing to do with it. I don't know about you but I want to get married and have a women proud to call me hers!

• Awwww I feel bad for you. Big hugzz :)

• If you mean legal marriage, yes, it is. You will - not once - hear a respectable man white knight for legal marriage. It's always pathetic cheeseballs clumsily white knighting for brownie points.

• Absolutely it is.