Do You Believe In/Value Marriage?

With all that we see today do you still believe in or value marriage. Would you get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would still. Yes, there are more divorces now, and it is depressing and makes marriage look like a potentially rocky idea, but I think this is because people have the "it's broke get a new one" mentality rather than the old " if it's not broke, don't fix it" one. Instead of thinking out marriage people do it on a whim sometimes, and instead of communicating clearly some selfish people do things like cheat or lie. I have been fortunate enough to see true love in my parents and even though there were some hard times surrounding my dad's anger issues, they both overcame the situation and love each other now more than over. My sister is also happily married, and both my grandparents never got divorced. I think there are some reasons that divorce is a must like cheating or abuse, but if it is just a dispute or love is waning, well that can be worked on. If people go into marriage with the mindset that you won't have to communicate or work at it sometimes in order for it to be successful, they are wrong. I still think marriage is worth it, and one day will be very happy when I marry that right person for me.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's a lot better than getting a tattoo with the name of your lover.

Well, yeah. I love marriage. I wanna get married and have kids someday. I just hope I don't have to wait years for it.

• I think that it still works and I could see myself doing it I think. but then again I'm pretty old and I've never been on a date or done anything with a girl and I have social anxiety. His only does one thing for me which is that I am reverting back to what used to bring me all the joy in the world which was skateboarsing and music and video games. And I'm forgetting about girls because its too difficult. And honestly I have realized that I am no longer comfortable around people and I barely talk to them anyway

• I am married, and I value the relationship quite a bit.

• Yeah, but prenup.

• I really value marriage. It means I can settle with a girl whom I can commit to for the rest of my life.

What Girls Said 4

• I think marriage is okay because of the legal advantages but as anything else it is often a waste of time and money. I don't value marriage because I don't see a real need for it, if two people love each other isn't that enough? I don't get why they have to wear rings and tell the whole world about it.

• No and no.

• yo you are BEAT.

• I absolutely do. Not as a "religious institution" but as a commitment made between two people that is, literally, until death do us part.