Guys, how would you feel about your girlfriend looking at wedding plans?

A lot of us girls dream about getting married from the time we were little. Most of us (I know I do) enjoy looking at wedding dresses, venues, flowers, etc. when we're not even engaged or in a relationship. It's just fun to imagine everything.

But I wonder how guys feel about this. I get a little nervous about my boyfriend seeing me looking at this stuff because I don't want to freak him out. So I wonder how would you guys feel if you saw your girlfriend looking at this stuff? How bout if you weren't engaged but you have talked about possibly getting married, would that make it any different?

And by looking at these things I mean online or in a magazine, not going and trying on dresses or anything like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only way I'd be weirded out by this is if we were only dating for like a month and you started talking about marriage and wedding stuff.

What Guys Said 3

• We find it odd. Its a little disconcerting because to us, excitement about a wedding is tied to excitement about marriage and the partner. When a girl is excited about the wedding without having any guy in mind, we just feel like some object with 'groom' stamped on our head.

I think its a little how some women feel when a guy wants to act out some p*rn fantasy and she feels like she's just ... there ... playing some part and she could be anyone.

Which some people don't mind, but maybe that makes sense.

• why don't you just tell him that you like seeing wedding stuff even when you're single without meaning you're hoping he or someone else will propose?

• Why don't you just answer the question I asked?

• Okay but that's not what I was asking about. I'm not concerned with my boyfriend. I want to know how YOU would feel if you saw your girlfriend looking at that stuff. Judging from your comment I know you wouldn't be upset, but would you be excited maybe?

• that would depend on the relationship. I'm actually more romantic than I thought I was. I am in a 3y relationship right now and we are living together for >2y and I have thought of us being wed even though I have not (or I think I don't have) much of a need of being a husband. all this to say that if I realized that my partner was dreaming of a wedding I'd probably be excited and scared, don't really know which would come out first or stronger :)

• Look at it all you want.

But if we haven't been dating for awhile, don't start trying to talk about it, or leaving magazines or webpages open deliberately for us to find. We're not stupid, we know what you're trying to say.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd like to hear these answers. I'm not dating anyone at the moment, but I have a dress picked out already hahaha. I just hope David's Bridal still has it by the time I get married!

• depends on the guy. my boyfriend brings up wedding stuff sometimes or tells me he's been thinking abbout the future and the kids we'll have. when I bring it up or he came across the folder I had hidden on the comp with just a few things he got all warm and fuzzy and found it funny how freaked out and embarrassed I got