Do I have a chance with my ex & should I even care?

My ex-fiance & I were together for 7 years and we lived together for 2. We also have a daughter. I broke off our engagement and threw him out 3 months ago because I caught him cheating on me with his co-worker. It wasn't the first time I caught him cheating. Everyone I know says I should let go, but I still love him and regret breaking up w/o trying couples counseling. He says he still loves me but doesn't want to get back together because he can't guarantee he won't cheat again. He still asks me to go out with him and tells me how much he cares for me and doesn't want to be in a serious relationship with anyone other than me. But he makes no effort to try and get me back. Am I being a fool for hoping we can still work things out?

0|0
1|1

What Guys Said 1

• We all fear change. That being said I agree with your Ex. Cheating once allowed and/or forgiven will happen again. I'd say play nice for the kid but move on otherwise.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• im sorry but IF I ever let his defiled member enter me again, it'd be the last time id take him back after cheating. I have kids and its not good for them to have a man in their lives who has such disregard for their mother. he was corrupting your house with distrust, resent, hostility, pain and possible diseases. yes a hopeless fool.

0|0
    0|0